1st VFW Recruiting

Fulcrum29

1st_logo.png

The 1st Virtual Fighter Wing is now recruiting.

Who We Are

Founded in 2008, we are an international group of like minded individuals that enjoy combat flight sims. We have members from all over the globe. Over the years we've supported Falcon 4: Allied Force, Open Falcon, BMS, and now DCS. We pride ourselves on the professionalism of our missions while still having fun and not taking ourselves too seriously. We currently train new members to fly our way in the Viper and Hornet, however we support the following DCS modules: F-16C, and F/A-18C

What We Do

We believe the primary purpose of a virtual wing is to make sure there are organized flights for members to participate in so we have recurring weekly standard flights each week with detailed briefings and debriefings. Utilizing real world manuals and our active and retired military pilots, we’ve worked hard to create a “close to real life” atmosphere while still vying to maintain the fun aspects of simply enjoying a simulation title among friends.

When We Do It

Our largest flight is usually our Saturday Weekly Standard flight at 2pm EDT with multiple other flights during the week.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us on this forum or our discord server.  We look forward to flying with you.

Interested in Joining? Here are our requirements:

• You must meet the following criteria:
  • 18 years or older Speak fluent English
  • Not a full member of another group that uses DCS (not talking about public groups - only private ones like us)
  • Know how to ramp start, takeoff, and land and fire the weapons
  • Own and use a head tracking device (IE. VR Headset, Track IR, etc)
  • You own the Viper or the Hornet and have the Persian Gulf and Syria Maps.
  • If you choose to fly the Hornet, Super Carrier is req.
  • SRS usage is required

Current IP Availability:

1x Hornet IP GMT +2   Currently training two Hornet drivers

1x F-16 IP GMT +1 Currently training a Viper driver

1x F-16 IP GMT -5  Currently training a Viper driver

1x F-16 IP GMT -7 Currently training a Viper driver

2x Hornet IP GMT -8

Our discord link to the public section for questions:

https://discord.gg/m8VUpGk

Our YouTube channel:

Edited by Fulcrum29
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2021 at 6:18 PM, Fulcrum29 said:

Update: We're currently full on East Coast US and European training, however our West Coast US is open.

Love what I'm seeing here especially the video's, I'm currently in the process of looking for a squadron myself to bring my flying to the next level. How long does the training process normally take? Would be great to know so I can keep an eye out for an opening with the european viper instructor.

On 3/23/2021 at 11:37 AM, Bas.T said:

Love what I'm seeing here especially the video's, I'm currently in the process of looking for a squadron myself to bring my flying to the next level. How long does the training process normally take? Would be great to know so I can keep an eye out for an opening with the european viper instructor.

Hi Bas there are currently 5/6 IQT flights per squadron, the -16's only have 5 due to lack of systems content! I normally don't monitor this page that much, however as you already know. You can get in touch with us on Discord! 

https://discord.gg/m8VUpGk