Limit AI AWACS callouts

evilnate

PROBLEM: AI AWACS talks too much.

SUPPORT DATA: Start a mission with a lot of airplanes flying around.

HELP NEEDED (the wish): Options to control how much chatter comes from AWACS.

1. Full AWACS support (default).
  2. AWACS only calls out contacts when 40nm from player. (maybe the distance can be user configurable?)
  3. AWACS only responds to player/client requests.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, evilnate said:

If there's a way to get AWACS to stop chatting so much, I would love to know about it. I've tried all of these options and getting no results.

The only way I know of is giving it a task through the Mission Editor which defines which kind of aircraft/helo/surface objects should be called out. No distance, no coalition possibility here but it might help a bit.

On 2/12/2021 at 7:55 PM, evilnate said:

comms.png

You mean one of these options?

Yeah, it's in there somewhere. Unfortunately, I've been away from my PC since August of last year, so the particulars escape me. I don't know if it's the same on HiFi planes as it is in FC3. But there's a radio toggle somewhere that has like 3-4 settings. Default is ''everything'', one of them is like ''my flight only'', another is ''player related only'', and the last is basically ''off''. I used to use it to cut out annoying AWAC chatter, too. It may be easy comms related, too. If you're using hifi, it should only play whatever freq you're on, I'd think.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

would be great to see a setting to limit AWACS callouts to a certain range

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence