Limit AI AWACS callouts

PROBLEM: AI AWACS talks too much.

SUPPORT DATA: Start a mission with a lot of airplanes flying around.

HELP NEEDED (the wish): Options to control how much chatter comes from AWACS.

1. Full AWACS support (default).
  2. AWACS only calls out contacts when 40nm from player. (maybe the distance can be user configurable?)
  3. AWACS only responds to player/client requests.

If you look under the comms controls, I forget what it's called, but you can cycle through several preset filters for that stuff, like ''Own Flight'', ''Player Related Only'', etc

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_mpv4v0zasI1rg41uj.gif

The troll formerly known as Zhukov

1 hour ago, evilnate said:

If there's a way to get AWACS to stop chatting so much, I would love to know about it. I've tried all of these options and getting no results.

The only way I know of is giving it a task through the Mission Editor which defines which kind of aircraft/helo/surface objects should be called out. No distance, no coalition possibility here but it might help a bit.

On 2/12/2021 at 7:55 PM, evilnate said:

comms.png

You mean one of these options?

Yeah, it's in there somewhere. Unfortunately, I've been away from my PC since August of last year, so the particulars escape me. I don't know if it's the same on HiFi planes as it is in FC3. But there's a radio toggle somewhere that has like 3-4 settings. Default is ''everything'', one of them is like ''my flight only'', another is ''player related only'', and the last is basically ''off''. I used to use it to cut out annoying AWAC chatter, too. It may be easy comms related, too. If you're using hifi, it should only play whatever freq you're on, I'd think.

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_mpv4v0zasI1rg41uj.gif

The troll formerly known as Zhukov