AUX LG EXT handle not working

Mercury_1965

I just did the same thing, and the landing gear worked perfectly fine with the normal landing gear lever; no reason to even touch the auxiliary landing gear extension handle. Track attached (yeah, I was too fast for landing gear release, but it actually locked just fine after retraction 😉).

If you could upload a track or share a video, that would be most helpful.

DCS-2.5.6.60966-A-10C-II-Gear-with-Degraded-Electrics.trk

Hi Yurgon,

thx for answer I read in deep the manual and sorry was I that made a mistake.

I was in a situation with 0 pression in Hydraulic system. And to engage the uplock of noose and LG some pression

is need at least on right hydr system.

I have if possible a question the switch (l sys - off - r sys) where is?

Capture.JPG

3 hours ago, mnp55 said:

I was in a situation with 0 pression in Hydraulic system. And to engage the uplock of noose and LG some pression

is need at least on right hydr system.

Well on my first test, I switched to Manual Reversion Flight Control System, which in DCS drains both hydraulic systems.

With the normal landing gear handle, nothing would happen at all. With the auxiliary landing gear release, it came out just fine. I've also never observed the necessity to rock or wiggle the wings in order to help the landing gear come down when there's no hydraulic power, which the manual describes as being necessary sometimes.

3 hours ago, mnp55 said:

I have if possible a question the switch (l sys - off - r sys) where is?

I don't know. From the schematic, it looks like it's connected to the APU driven pump, in which case this is something that maintenance would do to test stuff, it's not for the pilots, though.

Again, if you still have issues, please provide a track or a video.

the aux landing gear handle doesn't use the normal hydraulics, even if your gauges read zero, the aux gear handle should drop your LG using a emergency accumulator in the nose wheel well ( assuming it is modeled correctly)

Yurgon,  you are correct.  There is a hydraulic selector handle to run either the left or right hydraulic systems using the APU but can only be utilized on the ground by MX.

Edited by Hog Dawg
  • Thanks 1