Reaction to threat "No Reaction" not working

I have a group that is assigned as ground attack, and are assigned a bombing point on the ground using the "bombing" perform task from a waypoint. I want them to ignore the interceptors and carry on with the bomb run so I have set Reaction to threat as "No Reaction" and they still drop bombs and engage the interceptors. I have tried the following to get this to work

• At way point zero set "Reaction to threat" to "No Reaction"
  • At all way points set "Reaction to threat" to "No Reaction"
  • Used a pushed AI triggered action to set "Reaction to threat" to "No Reaction"
  • Set ROE to "Only designated"
  • Tried this on multiple plane types (P-47 and P-51D)
  • Tried this on multiple maps (Caucuses, Normandy, The Channel)  

"Reaction to threat" is not the correct action IMHO.

Might be better to use the "restrict-air-attack"-waypoint-action ... by setting it to OFF

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

IMHO the actual AI behavior regarding "no reaction" or "forbid air-air engagement" is understandable. I mean AI respects that (even when detecting close range enemy fighters, AI will stick to its bombing task for example) until it is directly engaged - in this case "intelligence" dictate to react to avoid dying ^^. This is what I see and understand from some tests.

Ignore my previous post I wrote (edit) wrong things. Description of "prohibit-AA-combat" is clear (no AA combat even if engaged), and in fact this option doesn't work from Mission Editor, but works if scripted function to set this option is used.

Here a .miz example that is working with scripted function (P47 is bombing a bridge - he is engaged before dropping bombs. If not shot down too early he successfully drops his bombs but in no case he engages AA combat).

It is a bug related to mission editor function. I don't know for the "no reaction to threat" option (it doesn't seem to work weither from mission editor or script)

Edited by toutenglisse
in post

On 2/20/2021 at 5:35 PM, toutenglisse said:

It is a bug related to mission editor function. I don't know for the "no reaction to threat" option (it doesn't seem to work weither from mission editor or script)

I had the impression that "Reaction to threat" waypoint action worked pretty fine, I used it a lot in my missions.

Its about to tell the AI to disregard AAA/SAM/RADAR, or to use their chaffs&flares, or fly evasive manoeuvres (laterally or vertically).

This action might solve many problems when long range SAMS spot aircraft far away (which in most mission designers eyes "should" be far away enough), but then fly evasive manoueuvres by changing flight levels and/or course. These happenings might not be "explainable" to them ...

Edited by TOViper

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

40 minutes ago, TOViper said:

I had the impression that "Reaction to threat" waypoint action worked pretty fine, I used it a lot in my missions.

Its about to tell the AI to disregard AAA/SAM/RADAR, or to use their chaffs&flares, or fly evasive manoeuvres (laterally or vertically).

This action might solve many problems when long range SAMS spot aircraft far away (which in most mission designers eyes "should" be far away enough), but then fly evasive manoueuvres by changing flight levels and/or course. These happenings might not be "explainable" to them ...

It's true I've just tried to use "no reaction" in the "triggered action" tab and it has an effect - while it has no effect if used in "advanced" waypoint/Nav tab or by scripting command. (since a while I only use scripts for my usage)

But at this moment it seems to be off (latest openBeta), regarding description (No Reaction: No defensive actions will take place to counter threats). I used it in the mission file I tried to post (unavailable ?) and the effect was that the P47 just abort bombing task at the moment the action is triggered - enemy fighter was still far away (exactly description of : Allow abort missions: If a threat is deemed severe enough the AI will abort its mission and return to base.)

I also tried "prohibit AA combat" using "triggered action" tab and the effect was the same (immediate abort of task), while "prohibit AA combat" works as intended when using script like in my previous example (and exactly what OP wants, like you said in previous post) and doesn't work at all when using "advanced" waypoint/Nav tab.

I can't seem to be able to post files at the moment, but I think some options presently don't work as intended.

OK, thanks for posting this, and if you are someday able please post a track file, that would be great.

Maybe we find other things in your mission that prevent things from working properly.

my computer:

image.png

I have added a "Restrict Air-to-Air Attack" waypoint action before the "Bombing" action.

Works in a way I expected... the P-47 is bombing and not attacking the FW190.

Did you take care of the correct sort-order initially?

If you exchange places, the "Restict Air-to-Air Attack" will otherwise be executed only when the bombing is finished.

test-prohibit-AA_tiny_little_thing_changed.miz

Edited by TOViper

my computer: