Very low fps in menu and fly-bys with a 5950X, a 2080S a 32GB RAM.

pepevc

I don't know what happened and when, but the game is very sluggish now. I use the default High settings, no VR.

I deleted shaders, reset all settings, switch to Low graphics and nothing, I get 36fps in the menu and the fly-bys and looking at the sky is very slow. Looking at the cockpit it is more tolerable though.

What's going on? Am I the only one with this problem.

As a first step, make sure your system Settings | Gaming | Game Mode switch is Off.  Certain other non-DCS software and upgrades can turn it on without you realizing it.

=====================================

Intel I7-6700 32GB RAM, Krait Z170A, NVIDIA RTX 2080ti 11GB, TrackIR5, TM HOTAS Warthog, MFG pedals, Samsung CRG9 49" monitor, HP Reverb VR, 500GB SSD.

Also, DCS added a menu option to reduce stutter:

Go to Options on your main DCS menu screen.

Go to the Controls tab and click the "Disable hot plug" button at the bottom of the screen.

Edited by bigbear

Intel I7-6700 32GB RAM, Krait Z170A, NVIDIA RTX 2080ti 11GB, TrackIR5, TM HOTAS Warthog, MFG pedals, Samsung CRG9 49" monitor, HP Reverb VR, 500GB SSD.

16 hours ago, bigbear said:

As a first step, make sure your system Settings | Gaming | Game Mode switch is Off.  Certain other non-DCS software and upgrades can turn it on without you realizing it.

15 hours ago, bigbear said:

Also, DCS added a menu option to reduce stutter:

Go to Options on your main DCS menu screen.

Go to the Controls tab and click the "Disable hot plug" button at the bottom of the screen.

Same result. GPU utilization is super low, at 25% more or less. CPU boosts at 5050Mhz.

Edited by pepevc

Other things to consider:

Check Task Manager to see if other programs are using significant CPU resources.

Make sure any anti-virus programs aren't doing a scan in the background.

Make sure any backup programs aren't running a backup in the background.

Don't run DCS in windowed mode.

Run DCS as administrator.

Edited by bigbear

11 hours ago, bigbear said:

Other things to consider:

Check Task Manager to see if other programs are using significant CPU resources.

Make sure any anti-virus programs aren't doing a scan in the background.

Make sure any backup programs aren't running a backup in the background.

Don't run DCS in windowed mode.

Run DCS as administrator.

I tried all that and nothing. I don't get it. It has to be some kind of bug.

I'm assuming that you went through all the various DCS threads here and videos on YouTube regarding graphics optimization.  It turns out that I have a separate computer that I use to just run accounting software and my browser that runs dreadfully slow.  Took it to my local dealer and he said that my Windows 10 is corrupted and that I need to reinstall it.  Since that is something that is too much a pain in the butt because it means reinstalling all the applications, I just let it be (for now).  There are YouTube videos on how to do a Windows 10 "repair in-place" without reinstalling apps or user data 

, but my system is so corrupted that I can't even run their repair utility.  But keep in mind that Windows 10 can get corrupted and you may be able to run a repair-in-place. 

1 hour ago, bigbear said:

I'm assuming that you went through all the various DCS threads here and videos on YouTube regarding graphics optimization.  It turns out that I have a separate computer that I use to just run accounting software and my browser that runs dreadfully slow.  Took it to my local dealer and he said that my Windows 10 is corrupted and that I need to reinstall it.  Since that is something that is too much a pain in the butt because it means reinstalling all the applications, I just let it be (for now).  There are YouTube videos on how to do a Windows 10 "repair in-place" without reinstalling apps or user data 

, but my system is so corrupted that I can't even run their repair utility.  But keep in mind that Windows 10 can get corrupted and you may be able to run a repair-in-place. 

I already reinstalled Windows and the rest of the games run flawlessly. Looks like I have to wait untill they fix the bug "by accident"...