Navgrid ...

Kula66

So, dabbling with NAVGRID via Jester, and whats the difference between 'grid heading absolute' and 'grid heading relative'? I would have thought that the first was that you could set the threat axis to an absolute value, and the relative one allows you to add an amount to the current threat axis ... but I can't get it to work that way. When I set the relative value it seems to just get set to absolute.

Does anyone use NAVGRID and is it possible to get it to show an area around bulls with the threat axis along a defined axis?? I seem to get bulls centred NAVGRID but sitting agains the side or top of the TID 😞

Thanks,

James

IIRC (and I am kinda guessing because I usually jump in back and do NavGrid myself without Jester, but absolute sets it to a specific heading (which is in the Jester wheel usually cardinal compass headings, ie, N, W, E, S, etc.  Relative is like a bearing.. Set it to 45 relative and it will point at 45 degrees to the right of your nose.

The think I don't like about Jester doing NavGrid is like what you were saying...it's centered with YY at bulls, but that's off to the side of the TID.  So I have to go in the back and use the HCU to offset it so I can see where things are as needed.  There's no way to get Jester to do that so far.

If you want it to be along a defined axis of your choosing then you have to do it yourself, ie, hop in back, and enter the settings in the CAP.

v6,

boNes

Edited by bonesvf103
I can't stand bad grammar and spelling haha

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Not that I have found.  To be honest I stopped using the Jester wheel about a year ago since I converted to VAICOM Pro.  But I did so because Jester was not really doing things that I needed him to do (or Iceman for that matter) but VAICOM Pro added certain functions that Jester could do that wasn't really in the Jester wheel.

He was still limited though, just not as much.  NavGrid and shifting the display in Ground Stab I don't know that he'll ever do--how could he?  There's no way to convey to him exactly how to set the NavGrid to your specific liking.

And yes unfortunately you can't do it in MP unless you have a human RIO or are the human RIO.  At least for now, HB says they are working on changing that but it could be a long time from now because it's dependent on ED.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

you can but for that you must add the specific command lines of the RIO in the default.lua file of the pilot

Tower : IN WIN D-Frame Red - Watercooling : EKWB (CM, CPU, CG) - Alim : Corsair RM1000x - CM : Asus Maximus XI Formula - CPU : Intel i9 9900K 5.1Ghz - CG : Asus Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080Ti Strix OC 11Go - RAM : DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 64Go 3000Mhz - Windows 10 64 - DD System : 1To (2 SSD PCIe M.2 NvMe Samsung 970 Pro 500Go RAID 0) - Hotas : Virpil V.F.X Grip, MongoosT 50CM2 Throttle - Rudder : Thrustmaster TPR - VR Headset : HP Reverb - Monitor : Asus ROG PG348Q - Keyboard, Mouse : Steelseries