A-10A analog variant as full fidelity addon for DCS and entry level full fidelity module

When i sat in A-10C again, realizing after some few months i simply forgot a lot of HOTAS and details of some digital weapon programing procedures i came into the conclusion full fidelity A-10A may be a good idea. At first glance, there seems to be only a small fraction of work left to make it, compared to the full module.

• Full fidelity professional flight model is already done
  • Content, missions etc. are already done
  • High quality 3D external model is already done
  • High quality cockpit is already done - it would require only some changes - analog panels instead of DDI/computer
  • All the systems like hydraulics, fuel, engines etc. are already done
  • It could be actually even better as "entry level" module for DCS than FC3: 
    • First being full fidelity - so a lot more commecrial value without the stigma of "low fidelity simplification",
    • Second being even simpler to learn than FC3 without the need to remember some dozens of keyboard shortcuts.
  • And this analog variant had very interesting career as 1980s NATO tank killer in Europe and destroying hundreds of tanks and AFVs in all out war operation Desert Storm in Iraq.

• It ofers attractive gameplay with close range, manual, skill based weapon employment.

• It's very easy to learn: if you learn it once - you will be always remember it and be able to use it efficiently

The thing what need to be done is to code some very simple analog/mechanical avionics closer to F-5 than A-10C.

Obviously i realize looking from outside it's easy to underestimate the work needed. So that's just a suggestion.

You, as ED, have your guys which can evaluate if it's vaiable for ED to make.

Have a nice day

Edited by bies
  • Like 5

Yup 100% agreed. 

CBU's would need an "upgrade" in DCS world first IMO tho.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Your idea isn‘t really new. :smilewink: 

A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

LOL, there are no new ideas in the wishlist. 

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Honestly, I think every plane should get variants developed at some point if possible, and perhaps with the release of these different variants we might get a couple of relevant AI additions to the DCS World core too, so the update containing the A-10A module might also have some 70's-80's USSR ground units included.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk187/Exorcet/F-15singaturebaseACOmodifiedcomp-1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I would fly the A10A a lot more with a clickable cockpit. Already own it since I flew it since the Loc-on Days

In the mission editor is there an 80s era time-frame to limit weapons and Liveries to the time period?

3 minutes ago, Wdigman said:

I would fly the A10A a lot more with a clickable cockpit. Already own it since I flew it since the Loc-on Days

In the mission editor is there an 80s era time-frame to limit weapons and Liveries to the time period?

90% of DCS assets, ground units, SAMs, warships, infantry, artillery, AI-planes - are from 1980s.

And yes, with new historical filter it's easy now to limit weapons, aircrafts and other assets to select timeframe.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Wdigman said:

Also would be willing to pay for the upgrade as well.

+ 1 :cheer3nc:

• Like 1

A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

8 minutes ago, Wdigman said:

Also would be willing to pay for the upgrade as well.

"Downgrade" 🙂

2 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

"Downgrade" 🙂

Not often that someone is willing to pay for less. :biggrin:

• Like 2

+1 would love to see an 80s A-10A, would fit perfectly for Cold War missions (and especially if we could get a northern + central Germany map c. early 70s - late 80s, which would be perfect for the A-10 - the perfect CAS map, with historical potential with appropriate airbases, with an aircraft that's perfect for it).

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 4

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD