Having a REALLY hard time with the F18 AA radar again...

DST

8 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Wags always use Develop versions on your videos, more advanced as a "release / open beta", on fact, the last video show some sea efects no present on actual DCS World versions.

Creating a video to prove a point is therefore pointless.

• Thanks 1

Specs ● i7-5820K 4.3GHz OC ● 1080 Ti OC ● 32GB 2666MHz ● Evo M.2 ● HP Reverb G1 ● TM Throttle/A10C/FA18C/TPR ● Windws 10 Ent 21H1.19043.1081

Aircraft ● A-10C II ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C-101 ● CE II ● F-16C ● F-5E ● F-86F ● F/A-18C ● FC3 ● I-16 ● Ka-50 ● M-2000C ● Mi-8MTV2 ● P-47D ● SA342 ● Spit ● UH-1H ● Yak-52

Maps ● Nevada ● Normandy ● Persian Gulf ● Syria

10 hours ago, Dunx said:

Creating a video to prove a point is therefore pointless.

Radar operation in this video is no different than the public version.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

19 hours ago, Gripes323 said:

Well... if Wags fired any Amraams in TWS in this vid thus doubling the number of radar tracks on the scope, then... what's that? Oh, R77 tracks heading his way, the discussion would probably be longer, hehe. 

... just taking a 'jab'  Wags was probably using an updated build.

Yep, own ship and enemy missiles in the air is the real test at the moment for Hornet radar function.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - GTX 1070 SC - 55 inch 4k Display

21 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Radar operation in this video is no different than the public version.

thanks

Many members of the DCS community are having issues with the radar, myself included.  Hopefully, healthy debate will continue until the community has an outcome that keeps them engaged and flying the Hornet so please bear with us ED.  

As I have said earlier, yes, most of the time I can get the radar to perform as per Wags latest video - which is welcomed and very helpful by the way.  However, there are times when it just doesn’t - period.  A couple of questions:

1) Why not create a benchmark mission for us to try and post our results? Keep it simple, say one aircraft hot at 100nm, angels 30?

2) Is there any way the radar could be performing less effectively on multiplayer servers as opposed to normal in-game missions or campaigns?  Did I read somewhere radar jamming by the enemy is an option that can be set in mission creation?  If so, would that explain the inconsistency we experience?

• Like 1

Can't say I've been having issues with the radar at all in all honestly. The only bug i've so far seen regarding radar is that the bandit will instantly start defending a TWS launch despite having zero awareness that a shot has been fired.

12 minutes ago, Bader242 said:

Many members of the DCS community are having issues with the radar, myself included.  Hopefully, healthy debate will continue until the community has an outcome that keeps them engaged and flying the Hornet so please bear with us ED.  

As I have said earlier, yes, most of the time I can get the radar to perform as per Wags latest video - which is welcomed and very helpful by the way.  However, there are times when it just doesn’t - period.  A couple of questions:

1) Why not create a benchmark mission for us to try and post our results? Keep it simple, say one aircraft hot at 100nm, angels 30?

2) Is there any way the radar could be performing less effectively on multiplayer servers as opposed to normal in-game missions or campaigns?  Did I read somewhere radar jamming by the enemy is an option that can be set in mission creation?  If so, would that explain the inconsistency we experience?

1. that would be well outside the RADAR range

2. No

Please show example tracks where you have a problem. We are happy to take a look

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

2. No

Please show example tracks where you have a problem. We are happy to take a look

thanks

Bignewy,

Thanks for your reply. I’ll try to show some tracks. I know how difficult it can be trying to address threads like this without viable evidence.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2021 at 10:24 PM, diamond26 said:

Just to go back to OP’s original topic. I’ve noticed after the latest ED patches that the radar behavior has been improved greatly. Have you witnessed the same?

It's still the flakiest radar in the game, but I guess it works if you do a lot of manual tweaks like upping the aging and setting it to the right PRF depending on what the bandit is doing. Definitely a lot more workload managing it than other comparable aircraft.

Edited by Slowdive

On 7/21/2021 at 8:01 AM, BIGNEWY said:

2. No

thanks

May I ask how you manage to lock targets at 80 miles as I read earlier in this thread? Head on in TWS High PRF around 45 miles seems to be about average when going against a Mig 29. Are you locking a C-5 Galaxy or something? There must be something I'm missing.

Larger contacts are easier to lock at longer ranges of course, Wags covers all of the basics here in this video. We are looking into adding the ability to set an MSI-only track as an L&S or DT2 later. This video is about how the radar currently operates. We are also adding a range modifier based on look down angles in a future build.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Vitralette said:

Bump. Still broken.

It isn't, though. What's your specific issue, and please show a trackfile of that issue.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Bump. Still broken.
The radar, MSI, MSI and radar memory logics and trackfile rankings don't work as they should, but the entire thing is also still WIP. The video posted above your comment explains how the radar works now *in DCS*.

If that doesn't help, what exactly is your issue? Maybe it's something that's simply not implemented yet.
  • Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

1197644828_Screen_200911_044202-Copy.png.74d8c09ee9060cffd7408a75ab2c13ef.png

HP Reverb G2, Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, i7-8700K, 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32GB DDR4, 960 Pro, 970 Evo Plus, WD Gold 6TB, Seasonic Prime Platinum

F/A-18C, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C (C II), M-2000C, F-14, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3

On 7/21/2021 at 4:46 PM, Bader242 said:

jamming by the enemy is an option that can be set in mission creation

you can choose whether AIs will use or wont use ECM, in mission editor.

you cant disable the impact of ECM on you.

not sure which one of these two possibilities you were asking so i answered both.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

Bump. Still broken.
Nope. Its working fine on me. Its even better than Viper radar currently is AFAIK. I can shoot the darn Phoenix coming at me lol

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

14 hours ago, Oceandar said:
On 8/21/2021 at 10:00 AM, Vitralette said:
Bump. Still broken.

Nope. Its working fine on me. Its even better than Viper radar currently is AFAIK. I can shoot the darn Phoenix coming at me lol

Yep. After a while we get used to dealing with these bugs and might even use them to our advantage 😑 However I did manage to shoot my own missile once or twice before I picked up new habits in my A/A fights.

The TWS is definitely shaky. Recently I go STT in most cases, especially when fighting AI jeffs. They always have some SD10s heading for me before I even pick them up on my scope. Of course their TWS is working great, hehe.

This morning I smoked couple of them but they made it easy for me by skywriting at high altitude. LACQ works wonders is cases like this.

• 4 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Svend_Dellepude said:

As long as you don't do hard manoeuvres.

Yep, I noticed. At first I thought I cranked past the gimbals ('mem' was set to 4 sec) and I did, once or twice. Then, I watched it head down and as soon as I yanked and banked the track was gone. Not every time though but it does happen.

Actually, 4 or 16 sec. setting wouldn't make any difference. That bug has been fixed. (track drops when hitting gimbals)

Edited by Gripes323

10 hours ago, equinox137 said:

I have more success engaging targets by not using this radar altogether

👍 In just about all of my A/A missions my 'radar' is on SIL for the most part. Even with enemy AWACS on the map, it's not that hard to stay in the shadows.

Whenever I try to set up a large scale, realistic scenarios... I end up getting pissed (not necessarily loose🙄)