Cheapest TQS to USB adapter

Steel Jaw

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Has had this configuration (not with that adapter) last under early W7 with my old TM stick, encountered lots of movement flickerings and very unprecise steering, would not recommend.

Edited by Dang3r

WS: i9-9900K@5.0Ghz, MSI Z390, 32GB RAM@2166, MSI RTX2070S X Trio, TM HOTAS WARTHOG, 2 TM COUGAR, Saitek Pedals, Open Cockpit Fighter Radio, XL2746S

NB: Acer Predator Helios 16, i9-13900HX@5,4Ghz, 32GB RAM DDR5, RTX4080, 2TB Hynix Platinum PCIe NVMe

On 2/12/2021 at 8:08 PM, Goblin said:

I doubt it.

The TQS can’t be connected to the computer directly. It must be connected to the Cougar stick. The only adapter that can connect the TQS to the computer, without the stick, is the TUSBA. https://realsimulator.com/tusba/
It’s not a regular Game port to USB converter.

there are other options, even available here on TM subforum 😉 and with bundles to upgrade to hall sensors

• Like 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

On 2/12/2021 at 11:34 AM, Mower said:

This is not an Gameport (DB-15) to USB adapter, is VGA (DE-15) to USB adapter, good chance in fry something if was possible test, but is not, DE-15 don't fit in DB-15. 🙂 

This is an Gameport to USB adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/Rockfire-game-Adapter-RM-203-gameport/dp/B004HAX7OU

But don't support TQS because was created in early 2000's for CH Flightstick and Thrustmaster FCS sticks standard, at best you have throttle axis and 4/6 buttons working, and has only 8 bits (256 points) axis resolution.

The only TQS adapter viable is TUSBA and DIY ones with Arduino, eg. Arduino PRO Micro + MMjoy2, what is an ~$5 plus some solder work interesting option for TUSBA 74,99€.

BTW - And Rel4y Cougar upgrades. 🙂 

Edited by Sokol1_br
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 4:08 PM, Goblin said:

I doubt it.

The TQS can’t be connected to the computer directly. It must be connected to the Cougar stick. The only adapter that can connect the TQS to the computer, without the stick, is the TUSBA. https://realsimulator.com/tusba/
It’s not a regular Game port to USB converter.

TQS is just a "brainless box" with 3 potmtr, 1 mini-stick and 10 buttons in a 3x4 diode matrix. It's easy to convert in a "pnp" throttle using Windows HID drivers. 

Edited by Sokol1_br

1 hour ago, Goblin said:

Yes, but not with that cable 😉

Of course, that's a video adaper. 😉 

External DIY adapter:

TQS2USB.jpg

But (IMO) is pointless keep the gameport cable, just fit the Arduino inside the TQS box.

An example, making a PCB for the Arduino that fit over the connector for the cable.

TQS-Scheme.jpg

Edited by Sokol1_br

2 hours ago, Goblin said:

PnP options or DIY?

Yes, but not with that cable 😉

Plug and play sir, even myself could install it with no issues 😉

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/188571-tm-cougar-ch-magnetoresistive-hall-sensor-kits/

• Like 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

23 hours ago, Goblin said:

And while that would be easy for you or me, it’s not easy for everyone...

True, but Rel4y adapter is very "PnP", need open the TQS for plug, don't change anything of TQS and cost little more ($36) than the obsolete Rockfire ($30) Gamerpot-USB adapter - not suitable for TQS, and ~$61 with the contact less TLE5010 sensor:

Spoiler

Throttle-TLE-installiert.jpg

Edited by Sokol1_br