VIKHR won't fly to target

mporlier

I don't know what I am doing wrong!! First, I know how to operate the KA no problem, but I am missing something. Sometimes in a sortie, all of a sudden my VIKHR will stop locking on the target and drop to the ground about a mile out. My fire parameters are good, target locked, laser on, reticle centered. When this happens, I am screwed, all remaining VIKHR will drop. If I land and rearm it seems to do the same.

Thank you for your help.

If you don't wait between your shots until the timer on the left of your HUD times out multiple times, especially if you're doing multiple sorties, there's a good chance the laser will eventually burn out, and won't work properly
You gotta take it easy, and wait a few seconds between launches, until that timer on the left reaches 0, and you get full launch auth
You can launch in rapid succession, which is useful when you're under attack, and taking out whatever is shooting at you, but when attacking and not under pressure, don't overdo it

• Like 2

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2021 at 12:00 PM, BonerCat said:

If you don't wait between your shots until the timer on the left of your HUD times out multiple times, especially if you're doing multiple sorties, there's a good chance the laser will eventually burn out, and won't work properly
You gotta take it easy, and wait a few seconds between launches, until that timer on the left reaches 0, and you get full launch auth
You can launch in rapid succession, which is useful when you're under attack, and taking out whatever is shooting at you, but when attacking and not under pressure, don't overdo it

Literally didn’t know that! Thank you.