Mig-29SMU? Possibly?

Hodo

So doing some research on the Ukrainian MiG-29 and the upgrades to their fleet I have found they use the 29SM. And it recently was overhauled to allow it to use guided air to ground weapons like the K-29T and K-29 IR, along with TV and IR guided bombs.  

I would love to see a MiG-29SM in game.  It would be a nice counter to the F-16C Block 50 as they are about the same age.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am really curious how much it affects things by shifting the focus to wholly native variants. I mean, if a MiG-29A is doable, obviously the plane itself is fine, it's the avionics that are the sticky part. So, if it was possible to do a modernised, wholly foreign variant... I seriously doubt the DCS community would care about the difference between a Russian built version, and a Ukrainian built version that had roughly comparable capabilities. I wouldn't, anyway. And the Ukrainian emblem looks cool, too, especially with their blue-digi camo.

Get Russian permission to use permission to use the MiG-29, and Ukrainian permission to use their avionics 😃 It couldn't be worse than the other FrankenFighters we have =D

If the avionics have Russian origins, though, that would probably scupper the effort.

Edited by zhukov032186
  • Like 2

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Setting aside weapon systems which could be difficult to simulate without much of guessing, I think it would be cool to include things like the modernized navigation, which is not secret at all, such like this one: 

PolishAirForce-MiG-29-GPS.png

And yes, blue digi camo is so cool! 

• Like 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta