CCIP - Projected Bomb Impact Line Issue

w00k
Go to solution Solved by Stuka,

Greetings, Team.

As advised by BIGNEWY on Discord, I have uploaded a track file showing an issue my A-10C II Flight and I are having currently. We're having an issue in the A-10C II whereby my CCIP projected bomb impact line is horizontal when approaching the target. It's only started happening since the DCS 2.5.6.60645 Open Beta patch. Prior to this, CCIP MK82 bomb delivery was working absolutely fine.

Track file : https://filebin.net/iwfq4ni3ggekzqdm

YouTube Video showing issue : 

• Like 1

• ED Team

I can see it in the video and track, I can not explain it yet or reproduce when I try on my own. 

I will take a another look at it in the morning. 

thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

BIGNEWY - to confirm, the only mods I currently have installed is the VR Shaders 2.5.6. The 2 other guys from my flight have vanilla installs, without any mods installed. One is using an Oculus Rift, and the other is using TrackIR. Do you want me to perform a clean re-install?

• ED Team
On 2/13/2021 at 10:55 AM, w00k said:

BIGNEWY - to confirm, the only mods I currently have installed is the VR Shaders 2.5.6. The 2 other guys from my flight have vanilla installs, without any mods installed. One is using an Oculus Rift, and the other is using TrackIR. Do you want me to perform a clean re-install?

try a cleanup and repair or verify if steam. a clean install should not be needed

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was hoping that this was going to be fixed in 2.7 but unfortunately it's not. You mentioned that you were going to get other testers to try and reproduce the issue when I spoke to you in Discord. Was any progress made on that? This issue is really frustrating and it makes CCIP bombing a lot harder.

I also have been trying to reproduce this, to no luck.

is there anything "special" that you have set?  weapon, profile options,... 

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

I don't get it: I see it indeed being wrong in your track, but when I replicate it myself, all is fine.

Can you play back my attached track, and see if the Projected Bomb Impact Line shows correct for you in that.

Also, try to keep your tracks as short as possible. 

ccip test.trk

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

On 4/24/2021 at 7:16 AM, Stuka said:

I don't get it: I see it indeed being wrong in your track, but when I replicate it myself, all is fine.

Can you play back my attached track, and see if the Projected Bomb Impact Line shows correct for you in that.

Also, try to keep your tracks as short as possible. 

ccip test.trk 197.81 kB · 1 download

I've tried here, with your track no problem. But I've made some testes, with cold start the issue happens.

Try to do a ccip attack with cold start to check.

14 hours ago, Orsi said:

I've tried here, with your track no problem. But I've made some testes, with cold start the issue happens.

Try to do a ccip attack with cold start to check.

Tried it from cold start: same result for me.

Have a look how the track replays for you, and if there's anything you do different.

CCIP test.trk

dUJOta.jpg

Might this be related:

I am experiencing the same... Think the bug was introduced at the same time as the one I reported.

RTX 3080 12GB  *  i7-13700K  *  64GB DDR5  *  Windows 11

The other one is reported.  But not sure it's related.  I'm seeing the one (cropped reticle), but not the other.

dUJOta.jpg

Yes its harder to reproduce. Seems random. I think I get it most often after doing lots of high bank/high pitch/inverted maneuvers in CCIP mode followed by a steep dive.

I could reproduce it by doing that for 5 minutes or so, can't say what specifically caused it though:

bug.png

Edit: I think it might be more likely when diving from a high altitude. (Above 10.000 feet)

Edited by alip

RTX 3080 12GB  *  i7-13700K  *  64GB DDR5  *  Windows 11

• Solution

Ok, I can reproduce it every time now.   Looks like a certain amount of time has to have elapsed + some excessive maneuvering.

Reported.

• Like 1

dUJOta.jpg