Need help troubleshooting T50CM2 joystick

Hammer1-1

So my countermeasure switch (5 way position hat switch on the left side) is doing something strange. I can only press the direction buttons and get them to work if I depress the down button only. Ive never had this problem before and I didnt alter anything in my profile. The buttons function! The buttons arent damaged, I never disassembled this piece, and the buttons are in good working order. I have to physically hold the depress button (default button 7) and then move the hat switch in the direction of which button I want to function. Not sure what happened but Ive tried downgrading the firmware to an earlier time and that doesnt work for some reason.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

What shows in Joytester when you press the directions on the switch?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Nothing. When I press down on the center button though, the buttons do work. I can cycle the hat switch and no buttons would be pressed until I hold down the center button. Im starting to think the contacts are bad but I dont know why that would be the case. The last thing I did with my base was replace the cable that connects the joystick to the base, and that was the last time this stick worked fine as I havent used it since then. My other joysticks work just fine though...

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Replaced the cable and it started happening?  Sounds like a candidate for the cause.  I would raise a support case and see what Virpil suggest. 

Stating the obvious, but if the button presses are not showing in Joytester correctly, then it is some kind of hardware issue and not software related.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I raised a ticket almost a week ago and still havent heard from them yet. Starting to believe that its most likely a bad hat switch, but still at a loss because its a rarely used hat switch and I dont often fly with this stick either. Only really found out about it when I tried loading it up with the spitfire a few weeks ago and all the axises were wonky. Ill try to disassemble this thing tomorrow if its possible and see if I can repair it.

My wallpaper and skins

My (rather recent) experience with VIRPIL support is that it's slow but good. After creating the ticket on their support site I received a message with a ticket number. After that, a number of mail exchanges took place. After each mail I sent, it took several days to get a new mail from VIRPIL. My problem was due to a failed sensor board so I had to pay for a new one which they shipped a few days after my payment. All in all it took one month after ticket creation to have the stick working again.

Did you receive a ticket number at all? I believe that's automatically generated.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Yep, I agree with that.

Support from Virpil is, as you say, best described as good but very slow.  Sometimes it is OK, but in general, there is a delay of a week to get a response, and sometimes that is simply asking a yes/no question. Then you have to wait another week or so to get the next question, and so it goes on.

I love Virpil products, and everyone I have dealt with has been helpful and friendly, but the speed of customer service is a side of their business that I feel needs to be improved significantly.

Last time I had support from Virpil I had to stay on them to get a replacement cable because it went on for almost 2 months before I finally got my replacement. I even tried making one myself because I was quite literally down and out, and prices for new joysticks were shooting through the roof at the time. This was a few months ago btw. Yeah I have a ticket open, but it hasnt been replied to as of yet. Its been 6 days now according to the date stamp.

Edited by Hammer1-1

My wallpaper and skins