Florida to Cuba

AegisFX

Cold War and modern USA purposes with many bases in USA, with plenty of water available for naval assets

• Like 3

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

+1 while not my first choice I can definitely see the appeal.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

This would be great! Florida and the Caribbean area has tons of traffic and we could explore lots of SAR, contraband interdiction missions aside from the usual force on force stuff we're used to. 

Also, lots of people live in Florida (greetings from Melbourne!) and we'd love to fly DCS over our home turf. It's a lovely spot to look at and we have lots of aviation and space history and landmarks. The Space Center in particular with the Shuttle landing area, launch pads, Patrick AFB (or SFB, as it is now), MCO and MLB airports, FLL and MIA, so many more. TICO airport has the VAC museum, who's F-8 will serve as reference for the upcoming Crusader module. 

It would be a great map but probably pretty resource intensive to create. But, hey, Florida is an easy place to get to. You can include Pensacola for training, even Hurlburt Field! Tampa for MacDill AFB. NAS Key West for F-5 dets! 

You could expand this out to include The Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, Haiti, the D. R., Mexico, Jamaica, Belize (Harrier action, and even ancient temples from which to launch X-wing from!), Guatemala, Honduras... SO MUCH potential for scenarios it's actually making my head spin. 

It's an aviation goldmine. 

Edited by Zilch
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

I agree, this is actually one of the better suggestions I've seen for a new map, but I think it needs a good hurricane implementation in the weather system for full effect.

• Like 2

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

7 hours ago, Zilch said:

...You can include Pensacola for training, even Hurlburt Field! Tampa for MacDill AFB. NAS Key West for F-5 dets!...

Wait, wait... That's a big jump from Hurlburt to MacDill... gotta be something else in between 🧐 

Edited by Gripes323
  • Like 1

Not quite the same, but I happen to have whipped this up using Google Maps and MS Paint yesterday. I'm pining for a map that covers at least some of the major USN training centers, and this one has NAS Meridian and NAS Pensacola. After I finished it, it occurred to me I could halve the width and stretch the height down to cover NAS Key West as well. Not sure if that would reach Cuba. I'll play around some more today and see what I can come up with.

The size is 800km x 400km, making it just a bit larger overall than the Syria map. I was working in 200km increments because of the Google Maps scale, and you could probably lop a bit off the edges if it's too much.

Southeastern US Map w/ NAS Meridian & NAS Pensacola

ETA: based on just eyeballing it, I don't think it's going to be possible to get both NAS Pensacola and Cuba on the same map, within the constraints of existing DCS map sizes. The western half of Cuba, maybe, which would include Havana.

Edited by KWard

22 hours ago, Zilch said:

This would be great! Florida and the Caribbean area has tons of traffic and we could explore lots of SAR, contraband interdiction missions aside from the usual force on force stuff we're used to. 

Also, lots of people live in Florida (greetings from Melbourne!) and we'd love to fly DCS over our home turf. It's a lovely spot to look at and we have lots of aviation and space history and landmarks. The Space Center in particular with the Shuttle landing area, launch pads, Patrick AFB (or SFB, as it is now), MCO and MLB airports, FLL and MIA, so many more. TICO airport has the VAC museum, who's F-8 will serve as reference for the upcoming Crusader module. 

It would be a great map but probably pretty resource intensive to create. But, hey, Florida is an easy place to get to. You can include Pensacola for training, even Hurlburt Field! Tampa for MacDill AFB. NAS Key West for F-5 dets! 

You could expand this out to include The Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, Haiti, the D. R., Mexico, Jamaica, Belize (Harrier action, and even ancient temples from which to launch X-wing from!), Guatemala, Honduras... SO MUCH potential for scenarios it's actually making my head spin. 

It's an aviation goldmine. 

HI.

Don´t forget the Bermuda's triangle, wich could axplain many of the bugs!🤪

• 2 weeks later...

I think one including the Gulf of Mexico, corpus Christi Texas to Cuba and part of Florida coast like Tampa down to key west, would allow for training ops etc. as corpus is a NAS, and Pensacola is a big NAS, Ellington field in Houston is big for NASA T-38s and a ANG base, I think it would be cool to see a map that size however I don’t know the dimensions of such a map but would be cool but would probably have to wait for Multi Threading for a map that big