Radios in Zone V Campaign

bonesvf103

Are the radios in the Zone V campaign set to easy?  I tried manually tuning the station and broadcasting for things like landing clearance and nothing happens but when prompted by the mission to hit the space bar to make a radio call on the same button I was previously using, it works.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

I have found the radio menu continually keeps appearing without me pressing the button.  It will appear, I then press the radio menu button to make it disappear, but it reappears again.  The subtitled text from things like jester's instructions keep bouncing from the top of the screen to the bottom as a result of this.  I haven't yet tried to see if it happens outside of the Zone V campaign but it seems only to have started happening after the last update.

Edited by Black Assassin

i9-9900KF @ 3.6ghz ; 32gb RAM @ 3600mhz; Gigabyte RTX 2080 8gb ; TMWarthog ; TM rudder ; HTC Vive

Do you have Vaicomm?
If so look in the Vaicomm faqs there is a solution for this.
If not....check that your or RIO radio is not tuned on channel 10 (ai nellis atc)

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Black Assassin:

I have found the radio menu continually keeps appearing without me pressing the button.  It will appear, I then press the radio menu button to make it disappear, but it reappears again.  The subtitled text from things like jester's instructions keep bouncing from the top of the screen to the bottom as a result of this.  I haven't yet tried to see if it happens outside of the Zone V campaign but it seems only to have started happening after the last update.

I had the same problem which turned out to be Vaicom related. IIRC you have to delete the export.lua file from your "saved games/dcs" directory. Better do a search and double check which file exactly as it's been a while and I'm a bit fuzzy about the exact details. "One thing drives out another" as  ol' Barliman Butterbur would say 🙂

I am using VAICOM Pro and have not experienced this phenomenon.

Now being that you are prompted to respond by hitting the space bar by the mission, I have found that although you are given a list of freqs and buttons to tune, they really aren't much use since you just hit the spacebar anyway.  Not complaining but I was kinda looking forward to tuning my own radios and such.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

13 hours ago, bonesvf103 said:

Now being that you are prompted to respond by hitting the space bar by the mission, I have found that although you are given a list of freqs and buttons to tune, they really aren't much use since you just hit the spacebar anyway.  Not complaining but I was kinda looking forward to tuning my own radios and such.

Yes, but you won't hear any response if you're on the wrong frequency. Unless of course you use "easy comms".

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Ah yes good point I think I did notice that today.

funny how though if you’re not on the right freq that they can still here you.

v6,

boNes

3 minutes ago, bonesvf103 said:

funny how though if you’re not on the right freq that they can still here you.

How would you know that?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria