[RESOLVED] Cockpit and HUD lighting calibration.

Myleniskaya

Hello Razbam,

I think hud brightness (thx for this addition in keyshortcut), is too bright at minimum, I share some screenshots.

Compared to others planes (a10c, f16, hornet) we can't decrease the hud enough, in my opinion, and we can even see very well with the hud at the minimum the day.

Regard

Screen_210209_080252.png

Screen_210209_080253.png

Screen_210209_080257.png

Screen_210209_080304.png

Is it possible that @RAZBAM monitors aren't calibrated correctly? Are you guys running on gamma 1.0 to tune lighting intensity? Everything seems to be way to bright. i just need to turn the knobs one bit to instantly reach maximum brightness, if i go further the lights are already in crazy overdrive mode. Pretty bad in night missions, the HUD and radar screen can't be turned down to a suitable level. Same for the Harrier lighting and MFD's.

Edited by Alec Delorean

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2021 at 10:44 PM, Alec Delorean said:

Is it possible that @RAZBAM monitors aren't calibrated correctly? Are you guys running on gamma 1.0 to tune lighting intensity? Everything seems to be way to bright. i just need to turn the knobs one bit to instantly reach maximum brightness, if i go further the lights are already in crazy overdrive mode. Pretty bad in night missions, the HUD and radar screen can't be turned down to a suitable level. Same for the Harrier lighting and MFD's.

This is due to lighting algorithm changes from ED, as we are told what is changed, we often have to find out ourselves and somethings are missed. We are tracking the lighting and constantly making adjustments. When it is sufficient for you please post here informing me of such.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [REPORTED] Cockpit and HUD lighting calibration.

I can wait for DCS 2.7, i guess it will feature a lot of changes anyway. I hope you guys sort this out very quickly then.

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

• myHelljumper changed the title to [RESOLVED] Cockpit and HUD lighting calibration.