Helicopters Tournament 13

Alpenwolf

Thanks a lot @Alpenwolf for the great efforts of this so interesting event and @104th_Maverick for the cool funny streaming of it as usual! 💪 Thanks to all participants for good fights as well, that was a honor to fight with and against you! 

I guess I won't be wrong if I say that it was one of the best - or probably the best one - round from all what I participated since the 4th one in. There was enough intensive action, great visibility, perfect ranges and good cooperation inside our group - just what the doctor ordered 😄 Let's keep it going!

This round shown from my Ka-50's cockpit:

• Thanks 2

On 2/27/2021 at 8:06 PM, Uragx said:

The 1st tournament I tried to fly with 5-7 FPS...
All the three lifes i was not aware of what am I doing. Fuck this!
I had it in head to fly that way!
Let it be Caucaucusis for all the times!

Unfortunately, I had the same frustrating experience.

I am glad some other players could enjoy more than me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tolovay said:

As my friend said: mi-8 is a damn good for a2a along with rear sniper gunner. I've enjoyed a lot.

Does anyone has a tacview of the event?

There you go:

https://easyupload.io/y14ins

Expires in 7 days!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

2 hours ago, Fer109 said:

Unfortunately, I had the same frustrating experience.

I am glad some other players could enjoy more than me.

Flew it in VR, still dizzy 24 hours later. Landing was hard, fighting impossible...

Edited by impalor
  • Like 1

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

It was a crazy event! A sea of adrenaline !
As the Baron said - the best of the best. Of course, there were problems with the FPS , but everyone had them, equally.

And I'm damned sorry that Shadow OWWE"Osa" wasn't with us, and even more saddened by the knowledge that he'll never be with us. Rest in peace, the Internet will remember you forever, your videos will always stay with us.
Si.

Thank you for the organization, it was great.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@ Mi-8 pilots:

Is it possible to kill a Huey or a Gazelle with the GUV AP-30 and the GUV YakB GSHP only? No UPK-23-250. If so, then things will be more balanced should the Mi-8 have more or less the same guns as the Huey. Share your experience with those pods, please.

Thanks in advance!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

15 часов назад, Alpenwolf сказал:

@ Mi-8 pilots:

Is it possible to kill a Huey or a Gazelle with the GUV AP-30 and the GUV YakB GSHP only? No UPK-23-250. If so, then things will be more balanced should the Mi-8 have more or less the same guns as the Huey. Share your experience with those pods, please.

Thanks in advance!

It seemed to be next to impossible to shoot down a Huey (or any heli) with the AP-30. It is just an automatic grenade launcher for a low velocity VOG-17 and low initial speed leads to a large dispersion. Moreover, VOG-17 is a shrapnel grenade against infantry, helpless against armored vehicles.  
But any helo quite possible to be killed with YakB-GSG - it has 12,7 mm Yakushev-Borzov four-barrel rotary cannon within the GUV container.

Edited by Uragx

Chopper pilots make History, man. Jetfighters - make movies... ©

1 hour ago, Uragx said:

It seemed to be next to impossible to shoot down a Huey (or any heli) with the AP-30. It is just an automatic grenade launcher for a low velocity VOG-17 and low initial speed leads to a large dispersion. Moreover, VOG-17 is a shrapnel grenade against infantry, helpless against armored vehicles.  
But any helo quite possible to be killed with YakB-GSG - it has 12,7 mm Yakushev-Borzov four-barrel rotary cannon within the GUV container.

Thank you very much for the feedback! I'll test the pods myself as well when time allows it.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, eeVaLDeeVaL said:

@Alpenwolfwhen is the next helicopter event planned? i missed the last one 😞

Should be next month actually. Had lots of trouble with my missions since the last update causing bugs here and there. I'll need to sort things out for the Cold War 1947 - 1991 server first before I design a new mission for the Helicopters Tournament.

• Thanks 3

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments