A-6 Intruder variants

bies

Just now, IronMike said:

Just manage your expectations please - feasibility will dictate what variants we will make in the end, and I do not want you to be disappointed, because of a wish that manifested itself too early. We'll do our best to make it kick ass, that I can promise. Everything else is, as mentioned, too early to be defined. 🙂

Don't worry, I've been here long enough, personally I think it makes more sense to do the TRAM (either the baseline or WCSI) first as it should hypothetically be easier to complete than the SWIP, though probably not by much.

• Like 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

27 minutes ago, Iron_physik said:

its only "not recomended", not forbidden

That's the whole paragraph:

1.15 Discussions of other game companies products are not recommended as they can create personal friction with users who enjoy such products and potentially create issues with competitve manufacturers which is not helpful. We do not allow the reviewing of, or direct comparison of other competitive software here. Posting news updates or advertising other products or games is also forbidden (unless approved by an admin). Abuse of other companies and/or anyone related to those companies will not be tolerated. ED also reserves the right to remove any thread or post about another game or company it deems doesn't comply with this rule.

Did you ommit the part which didn't serve you by purpose?

And for me WT talk is over as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

So they're not identical then are they? And the P still isn't an export J! And going by the model of the baseline P compared to images of the J they have a different TDD, something that's backed up here.

reading your own source is very helpful, you know?

"Originally designed specifically for export, the AIM-9P has found itself in use by the US Air Force in recent years.  The AIM-9P is a simpler, less expensive Sidewinder, without many of the advanced electronics and seeker features of the AIM-9L and AIM-9M.  There are several flavors of the AIM-9P, depending upon the needs of the receiving country and what the US is willing to let them have; they are all based on the AIM-9B/E/J series, and many are in fact rebuilds."

"The AIM-9P1 has a laser proximity fuze for increased reliability"

AIM-9P =/= AIM-9P1
just like AIM-9J =/= AIM-9J1, the J1 is a upgrade to the J on the Guidance and Control section
J2 adds a reduced smoke motor

I didn't say you did that's why I asked "do you think", the irony of accusing me of making straw man arguments.

Because the same exact thing applies to the AIM-9J vs AIM-9P, and you're making that pretty clear, maybe someone has to actually read the things they're responding to...

🤣 You edited your comment

and it shows

Original qoute:

grafik.png

Edit:

grafik.png

thats honestly kind of sad tbh

Let us stay on topic please guys. Let us also not be harsh to one another and recognize our fellowship in the shared enthusiasm we have about aviation in general and an ever improving and evolving DCS in particular. Thank you. 🙂

• Like 4

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

12 minutes ago, IronMike said:

It is way too early to talk about variants yet. However, TRAM is of course something that is strongly on our mind - that said: we cannot promise anything yet. Please keep that in mind and thank you for your kind understanding.

Having both Viggen and Tomcat I'm more that sure whatever you do it's going to be absolutely fantastic, Heatblur's work ethic, honesty and passion are unparalleled.

Thanks for your work!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, bies said:

Having both Viggen and Tomcat I'm more that sure whatever you do it's going to be absolutely fantastic, Heatblur's work ethic, honesty and passion are unparalleled.

Thanks for your work!

It is our sincere pleasure, and the passion that all of you show, is what inspires our own. So thank you, too!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

9 minutes ago, IronMike said:

Just manage your expectations please - feasibility will dictate what variants we will make in the end, and I do not want you to be disappointed, because of a wish that manifested itself too early. We'll do our best to make it kick ass, that I can promise. Everything else is, as mentioned, too early to be defined. 🙂

16 minutes ago, IronMike said:

It is way too early to talk about variants yet. However, TRAM is of course something that is strongly on our mind - that said: we cannot promise anything yet. Please keep that in mind and thank you for your kind understanding.

overall the best version may actually be WCSI

it was the most numerous model that also had most capabilities

documentation on WCSI is also plenty

1 minute ago, IronMike said:

Let us stay on topic please guys. Let us also not be harsh to one another and recognize our fellowship in the shared enthusiasm we have about aviation in general and an ever improving and evolving DCS in particular. Thank you. 🙂

sure

I just dont like it when people either strawmen me, or put out blant wrong information in a topic I spend weeks, months and even years researching

and the AIM-9 family is one of these topics

I havent yet had the chance to transfer the thread from the WT forum over to the DCS forum, I will do that when I have time, but currently Im busy with work and learning for my history Exams (on my way to become a historian 🙂)

Just now, Iron_physik said:

I havent yet had the chance to transfer the thread from the WT forum over to the DCS forum, I will do that when I have time, but currently Im busy with work and learning for my history Exams (on my way to become a historian 🙂)

Just remember: it always takes two for an arguement, hehe. That said, we can move on I would say.

Most importantly: I wish you fun with your exams. You learn, you study hard - what you deserve is to enjoy yourself during the test and ace it! And I am sure you will!

• Like 3

Heatblur Simulations

5 minutes ago, IronMike said:

Just remember: it always takes two for an arguement, hehe. That said, we can move on I would say.

Most importantly: I wish you fun with your exams. You learn, you study hard - what you deserve is to enjoy yourself during the test and ace it! And I am sure you will!

thx m8

• bies changed the title to A-6 Intruder variants
34 minutes ago, Iron_physik said:

overall the best version may actually be WCSI

it was the most numerous model that also had most capabilities

documentation on WCSI is also plenty

Agreed.

• Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

As others have stated, it’s also one that actually saw combat. There are memoirs on its capabilities; and although I’m no expert, I’m reasonably sure the flight characteristics and engine capabilities are not far from A models (reliability and maintenance notwithstanding).

One thing I’d like to see is the option for varying levels of engine life and reliability as with the mi-8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iron_physik said:

so a while ago I made a poll on reddit, because I think asking the community what they want can be useful in making a decission on what exact variant to model.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/lrq1zh/what_a6_variant_would_you_like_the_see_most_in_dcs/

here are the results of that poll:

grafik.png

Not un expected. In polls like these the latest model tends to win, even though it represents a tiny fraction of the A-6E history and a period at which it was already obsolete, and about to be phased out.

This is in contrast to the TRAM model that was considered as the top of the line for its time. Even the pre TRAM A-6E was considered very advanced. In relative terms to other planes of its period, SWIP is not the most advanced A-6E, but the exact opposite.

I would much prefer to play a plane at its contemporary peak, but I am weird like that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

HB could work around the problem TRAM/WCSI/SWIP by just doing the A-6A 🤣😜

I would prefer atleast an A-6E TRAM - but wouldn't mind if it is newer or totally old school.

• Like 2

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I honestly don't care too much about SWIP as employing those weapons (Harpoon, HARM, SLAM etc.) is fairly boring. Mk80's, cluster munitions and LGB's are the bread and butter of the A-6E and certainly the most fun. The TRAM turret in itself is very advanced for its time and has way better magnification and image clarity than the Lightning pod we have on our Hornet. Let alone the LANTIRN.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

HB could work around the problem TRAM/WCSI/SWIP by just doing the A-6A 

I would prefer atleast an A-6E TRAM - but wouldn't mind if it is newer or totally old school.

Did the -E have enough manual/backup options that you could “fake” an -A by flying it with iron bombs, and just NOT enabling the turret?
It’s not a perfect workaround, but if it can be done that way, then there’s at least ways to subtract the new features and simulate an older model.

1 hour ago, ghostdog688 said:

Did the -E have enough manual/backup options that you could “fake” an -A by flying it with iron bombs, and just NOT enabling the turret?
It’s not a perfect workaround, but if it can be done that way, then there’s at least ways to subtract the new features and simulate an older model.

the TRAM turret only augments the basic bombing systems and gives more intel

you can still do normal dumb bomb attacks with the radar.

here the flowchart of the attack/nav system:
grafik.png

• Like 2