Radio Question

bonesvf103

Couple of radio questions:

1.  If there is an ATC with one of the lower frequencies in the FM band such as 74.0 and I tune it with the -182, no one seems to hear me.  If I tune their alternate AM band, then they do.  Are these lower frequencies not working?

2.  If the mission file is written with easy comms and your profile is set for real comms, when you fly the mission, will the comms default to easy or realistic?

Thanks

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

32 minutes ago, bonesvf103 said:

Couple of radio questions:

1.  If there is an ATC with one of the lower frequencies in the FM band such as 74.0 and I tune it with the -182, no one seems to hear me.  If I tune their alternate AM band, then they do.  Are these lower frequencies not working?

2.  If the mission file is written with easy comms and your profile is set for real comms, when you fly the mission, will the comms default to easy or realistic?

Thanks

v6,

boNes

Comms settings will go client side unless the server requires real comms. So, if you have easy comms, and the server has real comms, you will get real comms. 

BreaKKer

CAG and Commanding Officer of:

Carrier Air Wing Five //  VF-154 Black Knights

1. Should be but I'm having a similar problem with 38.4 MHz FM not being able to contact Anapa in A-10C2 or F/A-18. Same with Krymsk on 39 MHz. None of the FM ATC freqs appear to work currently. Guessing F-14 is suffering a DCS-wide issue.

2. It depends on if the user-authority (user if single player) has set "use these settings for all missions" or not. If yes, they override the mission difficulties. If not, the mission difficulties are used. For multiplayer the host determines.

13 hours ago, draconus said:

Ad.1. They do work but not for modern radios.

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/220727-cannot-contact-atc-on-vhf-38-40mhz/

Ad.2. It can also depend on mission setting - does it just allow or force the setting.

Hmmm doesn’t seem like they answered your valid question about the am fm switch

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

34 minutes ago, bonesvf103 said:

Hmmm doesn’t seem like they answered your valid question about the am fm switch

Yeah, I'd still like to know.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Now I'm experiencing radio weirdness.  When I play the instant action carrier recovery in Caucuses, I call inbound, they answer, I call see you at 10, they answer, I get signal charlie, etc etc.

Now I call and no one answers.  Not even a Ball call.  I trap and I get "no proper communications" for a grade.  What gives?  I haven't changed anything, I've used the radio in the same way as I always do.  I'm tuned properly and I even checked I was broadcasting on the correct radio and tuned properly.

v6,

boNes

I was having radio issues playing as a RIO in MP for awhile late last year ( ive been taking a break since I got sick )

It seemed very frequently I couldnt  get tankers or ATC to work in similar circumstances to others here... I believe I have many track files, and I believe I could easily reproduce these problems if asked to.  It would happen in SP as well as MP =/   it got so frustrating Id opt to e-z comms in SP.

1 hour ago, draconus said:

Which mission?

Stock Quickstart mission, Caucuses, Case I Recovery mission, the on Supercarrier version.  I have done radio calls and gotten ball calls in this non Supercarrier version before.

Just did another test.  I noticed that even though I am broadcasting with the ARC-159 and -182 mic buttons, the menu that pops up on the upper right always say ICS.

I am set to realistic comms.  Something must have changed, this problem didn't exist for me a few days ago.

v6,

boNes

Edited by bonesvf103

I think I figured it out.  I am using VAICOM Pro and it was being funky.  When I restarted everything including VIACOM Pro everything went back to normal.

Sheesh.

Thanks!

v6,

boNes