Rift S "Crashes" on Loading MP Servers

Hello fellow pilots

I recently upgraded from a 1070Ti to 3080 and now I've noticed that the Rift S "crashes" when I load into multiplayer servers like Hoggit or ThroughTheInferno.  Symptoms:

- Headset loses audio, either immediately upon loading into the server or after a while

- Headset disconnects from Oculus.  Light inside the headset turns orange and Oculus reports headset is no longer connected to the display port.

The effect seems to be worse if textures are set higher than low, or if the Visib range is higher than low.

There are no issues with single player missions, even with high textures or high visib range.  

Rest of the computer was unchanged from the upgrade.  Running Ryzen 3600, 32GB RAM.

Thanks!

Shiny

Ok so it looks like I fixed my own problem.  After 3 days and a suggestion on Facebook, I upgraded my BIOS and capped the GPU to PCIE 3.0 speeds instead of auto or gen 4 and now all the problems have gone away.  I can now load high detail textures, high vis range and medium shadows on MP servers without issues.  

Who would have thunk?

I was having this same issue. I have also been having an issue losing tracking with my headset. I will try this fix. 

3700x, MSI 3080 Ventus 3x OC, 32 GB 3200mhz RAM, Rift S or Track IR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Logitech Rudder Pedals

On 2/8/2021 at 10:37 PM, Shiny said:

Ok so it looks like I fixed my own problem.  After 3 days and a suggestion on Facebook, I upgraded my BIOS and capped the GPU to PCIE 3.0 speeds instead of auto or gen 4 and now all the problems have gone away.  I can now load high detail textures, high vis range and medium shadows on MP servers without issues.  

Who would have thunk?

So this SEEMS to be working so far. Just curious, wherever you heard it, did they say why the Gen 4 vs Gen 3 PCI-E lanes were causing an issue?

3700x, MSI 3080 Ventus 3x OC, 32 GB 3200mhz RAM, Rift S or Track IR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Logitech Rudder Pedals