No afterburner flame effect in player Viggen

fencible

It's barely visible when flying at night, but even then it's very faint and small.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen something interesting last tuesday: in an night time MP session (stable 2.5.6.59625.1), I could see my Viggen buddies having a long and magnificent white/blue afterburner effect, when my own aircraft only had the usual short orange effect.

My buddy taking off from the left side of the runway (top), and me (bottom).

image.png

Do you guys see the same discrepancy between other player's aircraft and yours in MP?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

2 hours ago, Flappie said:

Do you guys see the same discrepancy between other player's aircraft and yours in MP?

Yes.

Non-player aircraft also have a single, linked animation for the speed brake and thrust reverser.  So if an AI or other player Viggen deploys their speed brake while airborne, the thrust reverser also closes.  My friend was watching me in F2 while this happened and it kind of freaked him out, he thought I was going to stall and crash.

• Like 3

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

23 minutes ago, Machalot said:

Non-player aircraft also have a single, linked animation for the speed brake and thrust reverser.  So if an AI or other player Viggen deploys their speed brake while airborne, the thrust reverser also closes.  My friend was watching me in F2 while this happened and it kind of freaked him out, he thought I was going to stall and crash.

Yep, but it's a completely different issue.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

17 hours ago, Flappie said:

I've not noticed it on other player Viggens, although I have flown some MP coop Viggen sorties in the past few weeks, but they were all in daylight, so i probably just haven't noticed it.

I do know that the afterburner effect appears on AI aircraft and I guess it's the same with other player aircraft.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 6 months later...

Currently the afterburner has a little dirty glitch:

At closer range the AB isn't shown (my aircraft in F2 view, not AI aircraft!), but a little more far away it is shown.

@Cobra847, can you please take a quick look.

Attached a picture:

Top: from a close distance, AB is not shown

Bottom: from a little higher distance, AB is shown

OB, 2.7.5.10869, VR

Viggen_LOD_AB.png

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2021 at 7:11 PM, TOViper said:

Currently the afterburner has a little dirty glitch:

At closer range the AB isn't shown (my aircraft in F2 view, not AI aircraft!), but a little more far away it is shown.

@Cobra847, can you please take a quick look.

Attached a picture:

Top: from a close distance, AB is not shown

Bottom: from a little higher distance, AB is shown

OB, 2.7.5.10869, VR

Viggen_LOD_AB.png

Thank you, I tracked it.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/