SU27 Slick version no pylon

plaiskool

Chizh said in the russian part of the forum that they will add the feature when they redo the models, no timeline ofcourse

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 8:41 AM, bies said:

Was this even realistic?

I mean even acrobatic team when used Su-27s "Russkie Vityazi" was flying with weapon pylons during airshows. 

BTW they looks cool.

Su-27_Flanker_16043211976.jpg

Yes a completely "slick" aircraft realistic enough.

You can remove the wing adaptors as well as the weapon's racks/launchers - the only exception is the wingtip launcher, which must be in place(unless you are carrying ECM pods instead). For the weapons lauchers/racks, they probably fly with them even at airshows simply because they can't be bothered to remove them(the "Russkie Vityazi" is not just an aerobatics team, but also an actual combat unit), while they may leave the adaptors on to protect the attachment points in the wings.....I have seen them being fitted with red plugs when flying without adaptors.

On 2/7/2021 at 4:32 PM, plaiskool said:

That might help a bit to reduce drag and weight, especialy in BFM when it can be a factor.

Yes a little.....If the DCS Su-27 PFM takes weight and drag of the pylons into consideration.

3 hours ago, plaiskool said:

Yes,
on an ISH-ometric scale and by being very optimistic and would go by 120kg for each pylon? (Even if it might be more...)
time 8 it's about almost 1 ton of pylons. Not negligeable.

Well the weight for the weapon's racks/launchers are:

- AKU-470 ejector rack for R-27R/ER missiles on fuselage stations: 90 kg

- APU-470 rail launcher for R-27 missiles(all) on wing statins: 70 kg

- P-72 rail launcher for R-73 missiles: 49 kg.

So something like (4x 90) + (2x 70) + (2x 49) ~ 600 kg + the weight of the wing adaptor blocks(which I don't know).

2 hours ago, plaiskool said:

Even more accurate, Still not negligible

Thank you 🙂

Roughly 3.5% of the empty weight.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

On 26.02.2021 at 17:30, Seaeagle said:

Вес для стоек / пусковых установок оружия составляет:

- Эжекторная стойка АКУ-470 для ракет Р-27Р / ЭР на постах фюзеляжа: 90 кг

- Рельсовая пусковая установка АПУ-470 для ракет Р-27 (все) на крыльевых статинах: 70 кг

- Рельсовая пусковая установка Р-72 для ракет Р-73: 49 кг.

То есть что-то вроде (4x 90) + (2x 70) + (2x 49) ~ 600 кг + вес блоков адаптера крыла (чего я не знаю).

ваши данные не много не точны АКУ-470 97,5кг АПУ-470-65 кг

I7-8700K 4,7Ghz, MSI MPG Z390 Gaming EDGE AC , 32 Gb Ram DDR4 Hyper X, RTX 2080

• 3 weeks later...

I think I read somewhere that currently the way it is modeled in DCS World (but please correct me if Im wrong) is that regardless of the module the "slick" modules have exactly the same aerodynamic drag values that the models with the pylons have. 

It's just a graphical thing. (No effect on aerodynamics)

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

On 3/19/2021 at 11:43 AM, Kaniuk said:

Thank you.

A "cleaner", nicer look indeed when flying the Su-27 or the J-11A.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

• 9 months later...

Not abandoned but not in development either. It is considered finished. However if there are changes to the sim which breaks it, those will be fixed. Also changes which effect all other aircraft in a positive manner will be added to it as well.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 2 months later...