Speedbrake on Landing

ruddy122

Is there a way to override the speedbrake going down on landing gear extension besides opening the speedbrake all the way down to landing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reason why better throttle response with the speedbrake deployed just want the speedbrake to stay open when I command it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

I thought there was a button to override the Speedbrake

I thought it was the gear that does it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

Latest Manual, page 69

"Airborne, when in the AUTO FLAPS UP mode, the speedbrake automatically retracts above 6.0 g or above 28° AOA and, when not in the auto flaps up mode, below 250 knots. The speedbrake will automatically retract if flaps are extended unless the speedbrake switch is held aft. The speedbrake extends with the flaps HALF or FULL so long as the switch is held in EXTEND. The speedbrake can be commanded to extend to any intermediate position but will retract fully with a momentary forward press of the speedbrake switch. The speedbrake operates normally on the ground."

Hope this helps

On 2/6/2021 at 9:14 AM, ruddy122 said:

Reason why better throttle response with the speedbrake deployed just want the speedbrake to stay open when I command it

That's not done while landing in the real world, I assume there's a good reason why. I don't imagine doing a procedure in an unrealistic way would be better. 

18 minutes ago, Bunny Clark said:

That's not done while landing in the real world, I assume there's a good reason why. I don't imagine doing a procedure in an unrealistic way would be better. 

Hornet in the PA mode is a giant speed brake😬

I do like to fly it like a Viper sometimes, especially when at 180 to a runway, at 1500 or even 2000 AGL then drop like a rock to short final with my thumb mashing the speedbrake button until onspeed... the flare has been 'scripted out' from the code though, so no flare.