Black Shark Wiki

For quite some time now I have the idea of a Black Shark Wiki.

Alot of information about Black Shark and the Ka-50 is already present in the forums, producer notes, etc. but its not easy accessible and its hard to add information.

People will often ask the same things over and over, and some complex things are quite hard to understand if you have to collect the information from diffrent threads or other sources to get the complete view of it.

That is why I would like to have an open Wiki were everyone could add to a knowledge base about Black Shark and the Ka-50. And with the release of the offical manual and of DCS:BS still to come, it would make waiting much easier ;)

So what do you think about this, would you think you could support this project with content or technical? :cheer3nc:

• Like 2

I thought about about example Flash presentation with virtual Ka-50 cocpit like it is in F4 :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

It would be useful, especially with that massive question and answers forum, nearly need an index on it!

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

@ Grimes: I know! It's been going for so long that despite reading all of it, I keep having to go back over it again and again in order to avoid asking the same question again. A more organized and focused wiki would make shopping for specific information much easier.

Great idea. I have put up basic vanilla MediaWiki-wiki for DCS, avail at http://www.zokier.net/dcs/

Maybe someone with some graphic skill and photoshop could make not so fugly logo, and maybe even full skin?

Next stage is to begin collecting info into it. Is there copyright-problems if I take some data from Lockon manual etc?

Recommendations for wiki softaware etc are accepted, mediawiki is just somewhat defacto, so I used that, but it can be changed(hosting has mysql+all usual scripting languages, running debian etch).

If ED or someone else wants to take over at some point, its fine for me, but I except that domain&host to be usable for several years.

MediaWiki is fine, got a clean look to it, nothing that distracts from the content like some other Wikis... good job zokier.

edit: be careful with grabbing images and such from ED though ;)

Edited by Yellonet

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

MediaWiki is fine, got a clean look to it, nothing that distracts from the content like some other Wikis... good job zokier.

edit: be careful with grabbing images and such from ED though ;)

thanks. I'll try to be careful, and atleast attribute all sources. hope that ED wont mind stealing and butchering DCS-logo. Those small icons are just so cuuute :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think definitely that a Black Shark Wiki can live alongside with the manual. A wiki is great when you need to find something out fast, or you sit at work with nothing to do. (It's easier to hide that you read non-related work stuff from a computer than from a book with a picture of a helicopter on it :P). A 500 page manual is handy when you're on a place where no internet connection is available.

I know that I would at least appreciate a Black Shark wiki :)

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H