Why ED keeps record track option active if it's broken for more than 10 years?

hreich

I would like some of the DEVs answer this question - why do you keep record track option active if its broken? If you cant fix it, why don't you disable it ?

Or the track is working only if you dont use fast forward?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

8 minutes ago, falcon_120 said:

Because is of paramount importance to pin and detect bugs.

This!

Also, it works more reliable if you don't use fast forward, meaning it drifts off of what actually happened less often than it does when using fast forward.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I have to agree it needs sorting out - and the argument about bug fixing is negated by the subject - it doesn't work properly, even without accelerating time. I don't expect anything ever to be done, though, because it's been this way since before DCS World existed (i.e. from Flaming Cliffs 1.1 updates were breaking the process and totally ruined the tutorials, which was never fixed before FC2 which is why, I suspect, they did videos instead).

Would be very useful, but if updates regularly 'break' it then I'm guessing ED are wondering why they should bother fixing it, as they would have to do that every update.

I would say if it's part of the sim, then it should be updated every time as part and parcel of any patch release. But that goes for several things, so....

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2