Has Eagle Dynamics summited the game to NVidia for DLSS 2.0?

jpinard

So far with DLSS 2.0 I've seen a remarkable improvement in performance.  Running Cyberpunk at max settings 2560x1440 took me from an average of 40 fps to a stable 60 fps.  That's with the quality DLSS 2.0 settings.  When DCS World is not CPU bound it would also make a solid difference in frame rate as well.

Edited by jpinard
  • Like 2

I don’t think so.
ED usually prefer to not implement proprietary technology.
Maybe this time they will do an exception as it doesn’t seem to make any harm to AMD users.

• Like 1

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

1 hour ago, VirusAM said:

I don’t think so.
ED usually prefer to not implement proprietary technology.
Maybe this time they will do an exception as it doesn’t seem to make any harm to AMD users.

Yep, no harm to AMD, plus AMD is doing their own version so they can submit the game to them as well.  It's free performance... and it's a LOT.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 10:04 AM, fox2012 said:

Impossible, never can see it other than in the dream.

Really?  In a game as critically fps constrained as DCS, it seems crazy to me DCS would not take advantage of such an easy and useful tech.

Yeah, IDK I'm running a 3090, and the main issue the majority of the time is that the  CPU is the limiting factor, especially in MP. I can easily crank down the "card" heavy GFX settings and get 90fps without much problem in VR on an empty map or a map with a few boring units, but for any reasonable scale scenario or online its almost always that the CPU is choking (and I'm running a highly OC'ed watercooled 9700k)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).