CCRP staying on the edge of HUD

rtphillips370

Hello, 

Ive watched both Matt Wagner's and the Grim Reapers videos on dropping GBU's using the Targeting pod and I am not having any luck. The CCRP cue line is always pointing somewhere other than the target usually up against the side of the HUD into unknown space. Ive been driving the hog for sometime and I cant figure out what I am doing wrong on the 16.

Initially I was just flying into the area find and lock up the target with the TGP as SOI with TMS up. The CCRP does not slew over stays on the right side of HUD. The weapon was setup in CCRP mode.  I had master mode AG on, master arm and laser ON, SMS right MFD with GBU10 selected and designated for CCRP. Left MFD set to TGP and as SOI. 

So I went back to the mission editor and placed a specific steer point over the target. The TGP is on it as expected and briefed in the videos but, the CCRP is still not moving, just stays off to the side marking unknown space. I tried to fly the line to see where it points but it seems its always off to the side. 

I tried a third flight like the second but changed out weapons from GBU to CBU and MK84SE and still not able to get the CCRP to work. 

I apologizer if I didnt find a thread on this I did look but didnt find anything specific to my troubles. Anyone out there tell me what I am doping wrong? thanks in advance. 

Edited by rtphillips370
spelling

• ED Team

Hi,

I have tried to reproduce but all seems ok for me, we will need to see a track replay of it happening. 

Also ensure you alignment is done correctly. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi.

If you are not bombing at the Steerpoint itself, remember to Zoom out, TMS aft and Cursor Zero. Then, TMS up or right to ground stabilize the TGP and then you should be able to slew around. Once happy with the location, TMS up  or Right to "SPI" the point. The steering line should appear correctly. If you want to TGP and bomb a TOO, after Cursor Zero press SP (SnowPlow), TMS right to ground stabilize the TGP in front of you and looking down and forward and then slew it as desired. The rest is as usual.

Saludos.

Saca111

Have a look to do it with cold start on the carrier and no GPS for IFA, take an old date for that.

It happens after a while in flight, is like if the INS has drifted and then the TGP position and the INS position is not correct, the drift in RL can happens but happens on all the systems with the same delta.

So it is a weird behaviour and it looks like a bug.

1 minute ago, Sacarino111 said:

Hi.

If you are not bombing at the Steerpoint itself, remember to Zoom out, TMS aft and Cursor Zero. Then, TMS up or right to ground stabilize the TGP and then you should be able to slew around. Once happy with the location, TMS up  or Right to "SPI" the point. The steering line should appear correctly. If you want to TGP and bomb a TOO, after Cursor Zero press SP (SnowPlow), TMS right to ground stabilize the TGP in front of you and looking down and forward and then slew it as desired. The rest is as usual.

Saludos.

Saca111

Hi, it is not a procedure problem, try as I said and you can see it.

Just now, Spartan111sqn said:

Have a look to do it with cold start on the carrier and no GPS for IFA, take an old date for that.

It happens after a while in flight, is like if the INS has drifted and then the TGP position and the INS position is not correct, the drift in RL can happens but happens on all the systems with the same delta.

So it is a weird behaviour and it looks like a bug.

Hi, it is not a procedure problem, try as I said and you can see it.

Doing that kind of mission to check it out. Will be back...

Hi.

So: Couldn t reproduce it. I started normally, good allignement, INS to NAV (talking about F16). TGP and HUD working as usual (witch means they don t coincide in space, but it is a known bug). The only way to reproduce something similar is to screw up my allignement: INS selector to other than NAV. this way, the CCRP line is in any possible place in space. The HUD is also borked, no tadpole, attitude lines off and so on... I could resolve it by doing an IFA:

0) Set level flight and get your heading.

1) INS knob no IFA.

2) In DED, type the magnetic heading you ar at, but DON T PRESS ENTER, keep it hightlighted.

3) Wait for about 3 min 35 sec and the system should stabilize, with more or less accurate data, depending on the accuracy of the heading entered and the level flight you had for that lapse of time.

4) INS knob back to NAV.

Check it out, I hope it helps. If not, then no clue for you (wich means, reinstall the module, hehe)

Saludos.

Saca111

P.S. I think that for the FA 18 it should work also. only think is IFA before GPS time will only allign your INS. After that, back to NAV.

Just a FYI, later in the evening of 2-5-21 when I posted this, I went up with a squadron mate IN multiplayer to try and work it out and for some reason the problem did not show up on a MP server nor has it returned even offline. I have no idea what I was doing wrong or what I did to rectify it but I cannot get the problem to come back to help out diagnosing it to figure it out to its logical conclusion, I apologize for that...

I did have a proper steer point up and selected, CCRP for the weapon and a working TGP bout the only thing I did do between the time I experienced the problem and going up in MP mode was reboot the machine... Again I apologize for wasting your time...

Me and my pals have the same issue every now and then. I don't remember what conclusion we came to as per the cause, but the solution was to simply switch to another STPT, then switch back to the TGT STPT. Give it a try and see if it helps!

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem today in a MP server. 

When i switched to AG mode with ccrp, then ccrp line stayed at the left or right side of the HUD. it didin't go to the point where TGP showed. First was stored heading then respawn and full alignment but result was the same

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 1 month later...

I have also encountered this problem in the F-16.

Attached is a track file showing the problem, along with the miz associated with it; I've watched it through Replay to confirm it shows up.

Cold start; I switch to A-G after passing steerpoint 1, heading towards the designated target at steerpoint 2.  Immediately upon entering CCRP mode for the GBUs, the line pegs to the far right of the HUD.  Switching steerpoints does not relieve the problem, as demonstrated.  Additionally, the ordinance is released immediately upon weapon release being pressed, regardless of the line position, as demonstrated.

I have tried CCRP mode in a created test mission starting in-flight, and it behaves correctly there, so it's possible I am making some mistake during cold start, but I don't know what that might be.

(Addendum: I have tested by modifying the miz to start both from-runway and in-flight, with no other changes, and switching to CCRP mode functions correctly, so it does appear to be an issue with cold start.)

F16_Practice_Strike.miz 2_7-F16_CCRP_Line_Bugged-kutani.trk

Edited by kutani
Fixed typos; added addendum.

1 hour ago, kutani said:

I have also encountered this problem in the F-16.

Attached is a track file showing the problem, along with the miz associated with it; I've watched it through Replay to confirm it shows up.

Cold start; I switch to A-G after passing steerpoint 1, heading towards the designated target at steerpoint 2.  Immediately upon entering CCRP mode for the GBUs, the line pegs to the far right of the HUD.  Switching steerpoints does not relieve the problem, as demonstrated.  Additionally, the ordinance is released immediately upon weapon release being pressed, regardless of the line position, as demonstrated.

I have tried CCRP mode in a created test mission starting in-flight, and it behaves correctly there, so it's possible I am making some mistake during cold start, but I don't know what that might be.

(Addendum: I have tested by modifying the miz to start both from-runway and in-flight, with no other changes, and switching to CCRP mode functions correctly, so it does appear to be an issue with cold start.)

F16_Practice_Strike.miz 11.07 kB · 2 downloads 2_7-F16_CCRP_Line_Bugged-kutani.trk 257.36 kB · 2 downloads

Your INS is not properly aligned, maybe cause you didn't wait for engine to start up, you just turned the INS knob while you still didn't have power to your systems.

You can also use Stored Heading to align faster, see this guide.

Quick startup:

1 hour ago, Furiz said:

Your INS is not properly aligned, maybe cause you didn't wait for engine to start up, you just turned the INS knob while you still didn't have power to your systems.

Thanks, but no dice, chief.

Attached is another track file, same miz.  In this one I DO wait until engine RPM hits 60 before turning on everything, as is shown in the video you link.  I then patiently wait for INS to align and blink ready, just as I did in the previous track file.  Once in air, I set for steerpoint 2, enter A-G, select CCRP, and the problem manifests.  I then begin a 360 turn, but discover that the line is actually indicating a completely different direction (so it is not specifically stuck on the right side of the hud, it's just entirely incorrect.)

I followed the video, and the problem still manifests.  INS appears correct.  This by all indications appears to be a bug.  If there is something in the attached track file that I am obviously doing wrong, I'm all ears.

2_7-F16_CCRP_Line_Bugged_02-kutani.trk

• ED Team

Please watch here you need to confirm your lat long in the first 2 minutes off alignment 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi.

Definitively Bignewy got it! I did watch you r TRK saw that you r tadpole wasn't behaving properly, it stayed inside the VV. I then did try the mission, following your steps and I did not press ENT for LONG and LAT, having the same issue. Restarted again with a proper full alignement (pressing ENT for Long and Lat) and good. Don't forget, in fast alignement you don t need to introduce the coordinates, but on full alignement yes.

Hope that helped.

Saludos.

Saca111

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Please watch here you need to confirm your lat long in the first 2 minutes off alignment 

Fantastic.  Confirmed, that was the missing magic.  Hope this helps anyone else running into this.

• Thanks 1