DCS: P-47D Thunderbolt livery competition

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

hero2.jpg

Using the official template found here, we are holding a Thunderbolt livery contest. Only the top ten submissions will be chosen and included with the module. Your name will also be included in the official manual. 

Here are some of the requirements and details:

• The skin must be created using this template. ( note wire frame has been added please download again )

• The skin can be historically accurate or fictional. However, the skin must be associated with one of the countries currently present in DCS World.

Here are instructions for saving textures with MIP levels using NVIDIA Texture Tools for Adobe Photoshop.

After submitting your file to User Files, please enter the P-47D Thunderbolt Skin Competition forum topic with a screenshot and link to your file.

The contest will run until the 5th of March. 23:59 UTC

Winners please see this post for instructions 

• Like 12

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

As requested, I post it here.
I'm working on a first skin but since I got the template (previous one) I can't figure out where the "mobile" propeller is in the template.
I didn't found it in any of the 4 file. In those picture I tired to modify the "engine" file too. But I don't know where it is.

Capture_decran_168.png

Capture_decran_167.png

Capture_decran_169.png

EDIT

Change picture for better understanding of the problem

Edited by JG13Wulf

Yes we really need wire frames for accurate edge painting and trimming , and my suggestion is the Competition starts from the moment when the correct template is released for everyone ! 

Edited by sadjad-vosoul

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

• ED Team
17 minutes ago, sadjad-vosoul said:

Yes we really need wire frames for accurate edge painting and trimming , and my suggestion is the Competition starts from the moment when the correct template is released for everyone ! 

Wire frame was added yesterday please download the template again.

thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 minutes ago, Megalax said:

Just tick the generate mipmaps box in the dds export options in Gimp.

oh cool thank!! i was thinking i had to download that NVIDIA tool lol

21 hours ago, JG13Wulf said:

As requested, I post it here.
I'm working on a first skin but since I got the template (previous one) I can't figure out where the "mobile" propeller is in the template.
I didn't found it in any of the 4 file. In those picture I tired to modify the "engine" file too. But I don't know where it is.

Capture_decran_168.png

Capture_decran_167.png

Capture_decran_169.png

EDIT

Change picture for better understanding of the problem

yea i wanna submit a skin but i need to figure out how to get the animated nose painted. ED any thoughts?

Submission #1: 509th FS 405th FG Capt. Robert Lipscomb's "Jaywalkin' Molecule".

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3314959/

iDsz4vv.jpg

S3Jktd7.jpg

g8MWsIH.jpg

========================================================================

Submission #2: 509th FS 405th FG Capt Charles Dooney's "The Turtle".

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3314960/

Lcy2sUH.jpg

n0nE6Eb.jpg

fOlErSu.jpg

Edited by Megalax
  • Like 7

Megalax's Livery Studio

My Liveries in the User Files

I'll stick a maple leaf on anything...

Here is my submission. 

This is a skin based on aircraft KJ140 serving with 30 Squadron RAF, part of the South East Asia Command, based in Jumchar, India in December 1944.

I've really enjoyed making this one as I feel the RAF P-47's are under-represented at the minute!

Download available here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3314983/

*Skin has been updated to reflect the feedback from Art-J. Wing roundel sizes also tweaked to match real aircraft size*

*Updated roughmets to reflect feedback*

Thanks Art-J and also to Megalax for his help with roughmets.

New SEAC 3.jpg

New SEAC 2.jpg

New SEAC 1.jpg

New SEAC.jpg

Edited by Waynos
Updated info regarding download link
  • Like 10

Weathered & worn, this American P-47D Thunderbolt is the workhorse of the WW2 Airforce fighters and has a confirmed 81 kills in aerial combat and 106 ground kills. With a very respectable record as a fighter and lead aircraft, this P-47 wears traditional colors and the nickname "WarChief" as a tribute to the brave and respected Native American warriors.

-Heavy weathering and chipping done to both the surface layers as well as the roughmet layers.

-The USAF logos on the side of the fuselage is more faded then the one under the wing since they get more sunlight.

-Intercooler exit doors open to show the painted USAF logo. 

-Hand made invasion stripes under the the wing to include the landing gear doors and dive brakes. 

-Reflectivity maintained throughout bare aluminum. 

Download found here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3314984/

Screen_210209_193913.jpg

Screen_210209_193503.jpg

Screen_210209_193744.jpg

Screen_210209_193655.jpg

Screen_210209_203542.jpg

Screen_210209_191739.thumb.jpg.144fb2d70a3e6e554426d2f867639569.jpg

Screen_210304_232125.jpg

Edited by Mike Busutil
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Some pretty cool entries here already. I cannot "un-see", however, that a few a them (Megalax's, Sprool's, Waynos', Mike's at least) share the same issue - the inner doors of intercooler outlets are grey, while they should have USAAF insignia painted on them, or fuselage camo in case of foreign birds.

• Thanks 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

2 hours ago, Art-J said:

Some pretty cool entries here already. I cannot "un-see", however, that a few a them (Megalax's, Sprool's, Waynos', Mike's at least) share the same issue - the inner doors of intercooler outlets are grey, while they should have USAAF insignia painted on them, or fuselage camo in case of foreign birds.

Tnx for the info! I had my "Big Ass Bird II" ready to upload with the grey indoors too lol. I'll be fixing it up and finish posting it here, altough the screenshots have been taken already and I won't redo them just because of the indoors.