DCS: P-47D Thunderbolt livery competition

BIGNEWY

"Arizona / Loraine" flown by Lt Earl Kielass of the 368th Fighter Group, 396th Fighter Squadron.

Art has been redrawn by me.

I have also completed a 396th coded generic skin to make up flight numbers.

"Arizona / Loraine"         https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315323/

396th Generic               https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315328/

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg

Generic

Image1.jpg

Edited by BoNidle
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, Barrett_g said:

Yes!  All these new liveries make the stock liveries pale in comparison!!!  BTW.... how do I delete the stock liveries?  Lol!

I know you're probably joking, but go to "Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\CoreMods\WWII Units\P-47D-30\Liveries\P-47D-30", you'll find them there, although next time you update they'll probably be back

• Like 2

Gentlemen, good day,

Please, before anything, I'd like to compliment ED for updating the User Download Files programming. The new mode does not pile up new updates over the old files. This way people are not frustrated. That being said, I updated all my 33 P-47 liveries to vs 2.2 correcting many little mistakes and improving some details.

I'd like kindly to ask the moderators to re-download, if necessary, all four submissions I made on page 2, please.

I also made 2 more liveries, one Brazilian and one American. I think the "Little Chief" worths to be submitted for the competition. So be it... I promise, after 35 P-47s liveries, I will "try" not to make any other... (well.. There are some after the war sn to be studied... LOL)

Here it goes, my last Livery for the contest:

LC-1.jpg

Link: Frank Klibbe Little Chief, HV-V, 61st FS, 56th FG, 8th AF, 1944.

Lt Frank William Klibbe was assigned to 61FS, 56FG, 8 Air Force USAAF, on 27-Jan-1944. He achieved 7 victories during WWII and ended his career as Colonel with several Awards. I, on a personal note, had the honor of meeting Col. Klibbe in a plastic model show in Orlando, 1998. He was kind enough to sign a P47-D Little Chief Monogram 1/48 model box to me. I still have it in mint condition. I also keep on my models display a Little Chief Die Cast diorama. He was a very gentle human being and an awesome fighter.

About this Livery: This livery is as historical as possible. The airplane is the "Little Chief" on his final version. It was a P-47D-15-RE (thus it was a Razorback), HV-V, serial no. 42-76179, in March, 1944, England.
Features: Originally coded HV-M.

Colors: Under surface, Neutral Gray. Upper surface, Olive Drab waxed and polished. Gray panel panel behind canopy on the razorback. All white stripes removed from tail section. Forward portion of cowling and rudder red. Large Little Chief emblem on port side of cowling. After Klibbe became an Ace on 15 Mach 1944, this aircraft was decorated with White inside cowl leading edge, White trim at the rear of the Red portion of the cowling and a White line on the rear of the vertical fin. The stenciled letters, HV-V, were filled and became solid White. The landing gear doors edges and spinner were painted Red. Note panel on upper fuselage under cockpit with 5 victories Balkenkreuz has faded to a lighter, more brown Olive Drab.

National Markings:  Standard stars and bars on fuselage. Upper wing; star and bar on outboard port wing; Underwing; large star and bar under both wings, note slightly different position of under wing stars.

Stenciling: Factory standard. Note; this aircraft was waxed and polished by crew chief for additional speed advantage. The stenciled code HV is tilted slightly down on the port side. New type stencil with crew names in white lettering and red emergency canopy release plus second canopy release in White on canopy rail. Up to 5 Balkenkreuz victory tallies now on side fuselage under cockpit.

As everybody said, the level of the liveries is amazing and I feel honored to participate on the contest with such selected group. I learnt a lot with you all.

Alea Jacta est!

All the best,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy
Typo
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I'd also like all of you guys to download my three submissions only this Friday.

Did lots and lots of adjustments learning the template. And I'm always uploading afraid to lost my files

(need to upgrade my PC urgently, cannot even play DCS anymore, just can open the model viewer). 😬 😅

@BIGNEWY

Edited by danperin
  • Like 1

• ED Team
19 hours ago, danperin said:

I'd also like all of you guys to download my three submissions only this Friday.

Did lots and lots of adjustments learning the template. And I'm always uploading afraid to lost my files

(need to upgrade my PC urgently, cannot even play DCS anymore, just can open the model viewer). 😬 😅

@BIGNEWY

Dont worry, we wont be judging until after the close of the competition. 

thank you all for your submissions so far. 

• Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Probably my final entry into the competition: "The Trojan Warhorse" of the 86th Fighter Squadron, 79th Fighter Group, operating over Italy.

Also done a generic with only the centre two fuselage codes activated so it looks a little like the 79thFG coding system.

"The Trojan Warhorse"   https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315354/

86thFS Generic              https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315355/

86th over Northern Italy.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

Generic:

g2.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

One last skin in before the deadline.... totally fictional high color, I baked in as much depth into the roughmet on the nose art as possible. 

User Files Link:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315367/

Believe it or not, Disney used to sell merchandise with this design on it, themed for a fictional "Patty Cake Lounge" - Disney later killed the merch line for being "too suggestive" and not in keeping with Disney standards. 

PC_crz3_THUMB.png

PC_lefclose1.jpg

PC_ld3.jpg

PC_ld2.png

Edited by Schwarzfeld
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MateusOV said:

Just updated my ED livery with the download link, hope you guys enjoy it! I'll have my final entry done by tonight if all goes well 😄

Did the same, millions of times this last month 😆

Last and definitive addition was a "Generic" version for my Yugoslav skin, about two hours ago ( submission #3). Also, I gave some love to the tail Serial Number from the main skin.

🙃

Edited by danperin
  • Like 1

I always liked the P-51 livery “Big Beautiful Doll.”  Someone needs to make a P-47 version called “Bigger Beautiful Doll”!  Lol!

Im gonna have to start learning some Gimp tutorials on how to make skins!

You guys and your talent has really inspired me!

Edited by Barrett_g
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1