DCS: P-47D Thunderbolt livery competition

BIGNEWY

On 2/21/2021 at 5:46 PM, Schwarzfeld said:

I'm about 99.9% certain my fictional skin shown below is totally inappropriate for inclusion as a stock skin and fairly certain this will trigger some folks for "mildly adult content" but because it was just for fun and I had a good time making it, I figured I might as well clown around some more and post it here where it stands pretty much no chance of winning, buuuuuut because I can... (I think, lol), here it is. 

Totally fictional art-heavy livery where I played with PBR roughmets to make the artwork "multi layer/multi material" so that it "pops" with depth as the acft is moved around in lighting conditions. My apologies in advance to anyone who finds this objectionable, I understand if my post gets deleted... but why not... here ya go!

Skin location on User Files: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315196/

DRB_Right_THUMB.jpg

DRB_Left_Close1.jpg

DRB_ramptaxi1.jpg

DRB_Right_Crz1.jpg

DRB_Ldg_close_3.jpg

DRB_Left_Crz1.jpg

DRB_Left_ldg1.jpg

That's the sexiest livery in I've seen so far, and I don't even mean Jessica. I love that blue you used and the job you did on that RMA map 👍 Damn great job m8

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Santus said:

Hey there @Sydy

I am well aware that @sadjad-vosoul effort fixes the issue and kudos to him indeed, both for noticing and fixing, but since this is a competition, I would like to know the official take on the subject and avoid doing the same work more than once.

Cheers and good luck to you too.

Just my  thought, I would think the official template linked on the 1st page of this thread is the one that we should be using since it is listed as "official" and we don't know if the template edited by Sadjad has any additional errors itself. 

The rules state:

"The skin must be created using this template."

I would think any errors found in the official template should be ignored for the competition and addressed with an updated template at a later time rather than having us redo skins or delaying the contest end date. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, danperin said:

My submission #2 is on hold @BIGNEWY

Somebody is accusing me of stealing his skin project. I never knew about his skin until now

Edit: I really didn't actually used the skin the person is claiming, he's committing a mistake 😕

Here's my skin: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315123/

Here's his skin: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3314533/

I've used this skin as base "56th FG 62nd FS OD by Reflected"

And it was just as base, because of the colors, so I blended it over the new official template.

Reflected  thanks Warlord64 for the template on his P-47 skins. 

If @Warlord64  is my mate Keith, he's an old skinner friend from some 10 years now so i was just using

part of his template on my project, which I think he wouldn't mind at all. 😕

I saw both and just thought it was a coincidence two people made the same skin, it's a shame some people have to instantly assume it was stolen 😞

Edited by Spooky32

• ED Team
7 hours ago, danperin said:

My submission #2 is on hold @BIGNEWY

Somebody is accusing me of stealing his skin project. I never knew about his skin until now

Edit: I really didn't actually used the skin the person is claiming, he's committing a mistake 😕

Here's my skin: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315123/

Here's his skin: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3314533/

I've used this skin as base "56th FG 62nd FS OD by Reflected"

And it was just as base, because of the colors, so I blended it over the new official template.

Reflected  thanks Warlord64 for the template on his P-47 skins. 

If @Warlord64  is my mate Keith, he's an old skinner friend from some 10 years now so i was just using

part of his template on my project, which I think he wouldn't mind at all. 😕

I have seen in the comments it was a misunderstanding, so no harm done. 

Some great submissions by all, its going to be difficult to pick from them. 

We will be judging the liveries on there own merit, template errors are no factor, not much time left now until close on the 5th of March. 

• Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 час назад, BIGNEWY сказал:

We will be judging the liveries on there own merit, template errors are no factor, not much time left now until close on the 5th of March. 

If I upload my skins to the site before March 5, but they do not have time to pass moderation before March 5, will they take part in the competition?

• ED Team
8 minutes ago, Flаnker said:

If I upload my skins to the site before March 5, but they do not have time to pass moderation before March 5, will they take part in the competition?

Yes as long as you have submitted it before the 5th of March it will be fine, you can post here and add the link when it is approved. 

thanks

• Like 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, Spooky32 said:

Is more than one entry allowed? I've already submitted one skin, but I am currently working on another that I think would be worth entering

yes you can submit more than one if you wish to. 

• Thanks 1

"Kwitcherbitchin 7th" 368th Fighter Group, 397th Fighter Squadron, flown by Major Randall "Pinky" Hendricks.

I have a soft spot for the 368th, and the 9th Air Force in general, as they have always seemed to live in the shadow of the more publicised 8th Air Force.

Art drawn by me....fitting the "t" to the cowl flaps was a challenge, as they appear to shrink what ever you put on them by about 10%. Took me a while to figure that out!!

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315253/

advert.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image5.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image6.jpg

• Like 18

13 hours ago, Mike Busutil said:

Just my  thought, I would think the official template linked on the 1st page of this thread is the one that we should be using since it is listed as "official" and we don't know if the template edited by Sadjad has any additional errors itself. 

The rules state:

"The skin must be created using this template."

I would think any errors found in the official template should be ignored for the competition and addressed with an updated template at a later time rather than having us redo skins or delaying the contest end date. 

I didnt make new one (new template), i just corrected and aligned the RIVETS and LINES layers with Normal mapping file and only the engine cowling part !!! 
Why should i make another Error ?!! i said before... i checked twice with real pictures and normal file for being 100% correct and no error !

--------------------

I found another Missing Detail.. Ground port details 

image.png

image.png

ISAAC 

Edited by sadjad-vosoul
  • Thanks 1

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

I believe that the red "ground here" disc was a post war addition. I stand to be corrected on that, but I have gone through my books and other reference material and can only see it on post WW2 Air National Guard examples, so it was probably on post war foreign examples too. But I cannot find evidence of it on operational WW2 USAAF Jugs of any theatre.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

A Semi-fictional skin for the P-47D - "Snafu" Piloted by Lieutenant Severino B. Calderon. The reason for being "semi fictional" is that this paint scheme was originally on a P-47G Razorback, not a P-47D - but I liked it that much, I thought I'd give it a go for our DCS version. Enjoy!

Download: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315286/

1.jpg

p47-4.jpg

p47-1.jpg

p47-3.jpg

a.jpgcccc.jpg

p47-2.jpg

ddas.jpg

Edited by Spooky32
Updated skin and pics
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

“Eileen” was both a Razorback and a Bubbletop... and resembles “Snafu” quite a bit!  It’s not too far off to think that “Snafu” could have been carried over to the newer models as well!  The skin looks very nice!

If ED is listening... I’ve got my money ready for a Razorback!!!  It would be worth it just for the skins some of these guys can put out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Guys

Here is My second entry to the contest.

P-47D-30 'Hun Hunter XVI' flown by Lt Col.Gilbert O. Wymond Jr 65th Fighter Squadron. 

I have recreated this Skin using the Official ED Template.

Good Luck to All that have entered,they are all top notch.

Cheers

Keith.

DOWNLOAD HERE:  https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311085/

P47-D Hun Hunter 1.jpg

P47-D Hun Hunter 2.jpg

P47-D Hun Hunter 3.jpg

P47-D Hun Hunter 4.jpg

P47-D Hun Hunter 5.jpg

P47-D Hun Hunter 8.jpg

P47-D Hun Hunter 10.jpg

P47-D Hun Hunter 9.jpg

Edited by Warlord64
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Shooting down some stuff and or bombing things it is funny, but when you are RTB, and looking at your bird, with  these amazing skins, for me is a moment of glory,

this skins, that all the participants, made, really are giving this game-sim, life. Sry for my bad english if there are errors.

Y para los artistas hispanohablantes un OLE!.

Edited by pakeitor
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Warlord64 said:

Hi Guys

Here is My second entry to the contest.

P-47D-30 'Hun Hunter XVI' flown by Lt Col.Gilbert O. Wymond Jr 65th Fighter Squadron. 

I have recreated this Skin using the Official ED Template.

Good Luck to All that have entered,they are all top notch.

Cheers

Keith.

Excellent work, very clean work on the decals 🙂 One for my collection!

9 minutes ago, pakeitor said:

Shooting down some stuff and or bombing things it is funny, but when you are RTB, and looking at your bird, with  these amazing skins, for me is a moment of glory,

this skins, that all the participants, made, really are giving this game-sim, life. Sry for my bad english if there are errors.

Y para los artistas hispanohablantes un OLE!.

Thank you for the kind words, there are some great skins here indeed

Edited by Spooky32
  • Like 2