Ghost air to air contacts

escaner

I keep finding these bandit air to air contacts. I can lock them but visually there is nothing there (see screenshot at 0.1NM range, it should be perfectly visible). I will not lose lock on them even when they are behind my aircraft, out of gimbal limits. AMRAAMs do not track them and Sidewinders do not give me tone either.

I cannot find any post about them in the forums.

What are they? Is this a bug? If so, has it been reported?

Thanks

imagen.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Hi, 

we will need to see a track replay to investigate, we will of course check ourselves, but please add track replays when possible.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

It could just be delay from the JHMCS, but if you think it is something else please add a track replay. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Ive seen this too.

Its a common occurance in the Waltz mission (at least for me).

Radar tracks remain forever, even outside gimbal limits for unlimited time and even if you turn radar off and on.

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

I went through my old screenshots and found image of it

qd.png

Notice my radar knob is OFF (RDY is crossed on right DDI)

Yet target is still present on radar page and HUD, never disappearing. Its position was some sort of extrapolation, not fixed point in space.

Also notice center DDI not showing the contact on SA.

The target didnt exist. It wasnt present on F10 map, it wasnt visible when flying to it and it didnt exist in tacview recording.

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

I have uploaded the trackfile here, but even at 2x speed it deviates from the actual events pretty soon for me. The maximum closure with the "ghost" happens about 29 minutes into the mission. My radar could see the contact (upper HAFU) even at over 80NM and when not scanning its position, and as dorianR666 says, Tacview does not show anything at its position.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AKGGp4UzfucH71_yP3yfxlUuYeoctSg5/view?usp=sharing

Edit: I have tried the track also without acceleration and it also does not work for me: at some point my aircraft starts turning to the left and going upwards instead of following its actual flight. But this kind of things has always happened to me while other people say they work for them, so who knows.

Edited by escaner

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]