GV5Js Datacard Generator

raus

Hi!

I just wanted to share the experiment I started some time ago, to have a small app creating PNG images with the flightplan filled in, to use as kneeboard in VR. With some time, and the help and encouragement of my virtual squadron mates, and some users here, this has grown from a small experiment into something that is useful (at least, I hope so), so I thought it would be worth sharing.

Currently, in version 1.5.0, the features are (quick summary, not updated in a long time, so some features could habe been missed in the re-cap):

• Mission importing from .miz file
  • Selection between Blue/Red coalition
  • Green/Red NVG filter applicable to all pages
  • Export formats: individual PNG files, ZIP file with all PNG images, PDF file
  • Possibility to select individual pages to export
  • Standalone format (.5js) to save status/distribute the cards, and continue edition
  • Option to add a startup delay to all waypoints TOS (for Cold start) and up to two station times (AAR, CAP, HOLD...)
  • Mission Datacard
    • Mission timing: check-in, taxi, takeoff (delays adjustable)
    • Display of info from up to 5 flights (Package section): Callsign, Task, Tacan, Aircraft type, Frequency and TOT (manually filled)
    • Departure/Recovery/Alternate airfield info: populated from flight plan, but editable. Name TCN, ILS, Freq (UHF/VHF selectable), Elevation and Runway heading (BRC if carrier)
    • Weather data: QFE, temperature, Wind, cloud base, cloud ceiling
    • Flight info: pilot name, tacan(manual edit), BORT number, laser code (manual edit)
    • Joker and bingo calculation
    • Waypoints: action/name, altitude, heading, distance, coordinates, TOS
    • Right click a waypoint to send its coordinates to the notes1 tab
      • Coordinates can be changed between DDMMSS.SS, DDMM.MMM and MGRS Grid
    • Manually modify the TOS of any waypoint, with the option to re-calculate timing before that point
    • Support package, for the comm card:
      • AWACS
      • Up to 3 tankers
      • Up to 2 JTAC/AFAC
  • Commcard
    • Support of 2 radios with 20 preset channels
    • Posibility to overwrite .miz file with presets
    • Codewords: GV5Js standard, but possible to edit manually
  • Pop-up calculator
    • Left/Right action graphics with all parameters
  • Notes
    • Notes 1: text + image layout (option to send TGT Coordinates from Mission Datacard to Notes1, with mouse right click)
      • Default image: AMSL authentication. Can be changed clicking on it
    • Notes 2: Full page image
    • Notes 3: 2 images layout
  • Navcharts
    • DCS and Combat Wombat's charts for Caucasus, Nevada, Persian Gulf and Syria
  • Checklists
    • F/A-18C checklists
    • F-16 Cold Start and Mavericks
    • A-10C Cold Start
    • F-14 Pilot & RIO Cold Start
  • Program notifies of updates available
    • Initial installation file in provided link
    • Updates through the app
  • Coordination Card
    • 1 or 2 CAP Patterns
    • Option to include a TGT Area Flow graph, defining timing for each flight in the package
      • Selection between PUSH/TOT or VUL time per each flight
    • BVR Timeline for main A-A threats
  • Added 2-panel layout option, to visualize 2 tabs (can be dragged) at the same time

Download v1.8.6

PS: if you want to contribute to the development, there is a paypal button to accept a beer 😉

DCG-min.png

Edited by raus
Deleted old captures, added video tutorial link
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 14

Thank you very much for your work and for sharing!

Keep up 🙂

Best regards and be safe please,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I know, it can be used with any plane, and we usually do (F/A-18, F-16, F-14 regularly). I imagine the 2 radios / 20 channels each might not be enough for some plan, though... However, I am not sure what do you have in mind when asking A-10C. I mean, is there anything specific not suiting?

Regarding the logos, I just hardcoded those from my squadron and those which usually fly with us, but left an option to add a custom logo + squadron name for the rest, let me know if it is unclear how to use it 🙂

BR

• Like 1

Which background picture you mean? In the app, or in the generated cards? Point me to it, please... I will have a look for the next update.

Ideally, I'd like to keep some "branding" representing where was the tool originated from, but I might add some more customization options, of course. Just let me know or, even better, post an edited picture, so I know what you are thinking, and I might give it a try

On 2/25/2021 at 2:33 PM, raus said:

Which background picture you mean? In the app, or in the generated cards? Point me to it, please... I will have a look for the next update.

Ideally, I'd like to keep some "branding" representing where was the tool originated from, but I might add some more customization options, of course. Just let me know or, even better, post an edited picture, so I know what you are thinking, and I might give it a try

I think he is referring to the banner.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Hello Raus,

you created a really nice and useful tool.

Unfortunately, when I use it, it systematically crash. I've many "Unhandled exception error".

The first screenshot is a result of what happened when I imported a mission file and then tried to select my plane.

The second one popped up when I was scrolling down the page.

And the last one appeared when I tried to export as PDF.

I tried with version 1.1.23 with the result.

I change installation folder from c:/program files (x86) to c:/program files, same result.

Do you have any idee about this issue ?

Kariyann71

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Kariyann71

Corei7 2600K 4.4Ghz OC - NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb - 16 Gb DDR3

HP Reverb PRO HMD - Thrusmaster TWCS + TopGun Stick

Hey Raus, I finally got around to checking this out, its really actually very good, thanks 

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

On 3/4/2021 at 8:49 PM, Kariyann71 said:

Hello Raus,

you created a really nice and useful tool.

Unfortunately, when I use it, it systematically crash. I've many "Unhandled exception error".

The first screenshot is a result of what happened when I imported a mission file and then tried to select my plane.

The second one popped up when I was scrolling down the page.

And the last one appeared when I tried to export as PDF.

I tried with version 1.1.23 with the result.

I change installation folder from c:/program files (x86) to c:/program files, same result.

Do you have any idee about this issue ?

Kariyann71

image.png

image.png

image.png

Hi!!

actually I have already caught a couple of these exceptions. In the next version (due tonight CET, or tomorrow) they are fixed. I remember one with the comboboxes index, if there were non-carrier ships in the mission. Regarding the pdf generation, I could not reproduce it, though. 

If you could upload your .miz somewhere, I can have a look and have a better chance to debug those exceptions. I try to systematically address them, but it always seems to be something I overlooked. 

cheers

Edited by raus

Version 1.2.0 available via update through the app itself.

v1.2.0 Changelog:

• Added the ability to detect the TOT/VUL Time window of package flights
    • Time calculated between "PUSH/WPT2" and "EGRESS/DP" (second option to accomodate F-14 WPs
    • Checkboxes added on General Tab, to extrapolate own flight delays to other package flights (only Client Player flights):
      • Start-up delay
      • Station Time #1 (AAR/HOLD/CAP...)
      • Station Time #2 (AAR/HOLD/CAP...)
  • Now, tankers in Comm Card will also show TACAN channel, in addition to name
  • Fixed an error when loading a second flight to be edited, and the "GV5Js standard frequencies" checkbox was ticked
  • Added a Package Coordination Card
    • Target Area Flow
    • CAP/HOLD pattern coordination
    • BVR Timeline
  • Re-worked tabulation order in Mission Datacard page, to allow fast navigation through fields
  • Caught and fixed an unhandled exception when there were non-carrier ships in the mission
  • Fixed a random error when loading .5js files

05_GV5Js_Coordination.png

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2021 at 12:29 PM, raus said:

Hi!!

actually I have already caught a couple of these exceptions. In the next version (due tonight CET, or tomorrow) they are fixed. I remember one with the comboboxes index, if there were non-carrier ships in the mission. Regarding the pdf generation, I could not reproduce it, though. 

If you could upload your .miz somewhere, I can have a look and have a better chance to debug those exceptions. I try to systematically address them, but it always seems to be something I overlooked. 

cheers

Hi,

same issues with version 1.2.

I've multiple issues with with Baltic Dragon's campaigns or missions.

I put an AV8B single mission example.

image.png

Pin Point Strike Day.miz

Version 1.2.1 is out!!

It fixes (I hope) the issue reported when loading some missions, and polishes functionality of the coordination card. Full changelog available via the in-app update dialog.

@Kariyann71 the issue you reported should be fixed now, please feel free to check and report if you still experience any weird behavior 🙂

@Shrike88 of course. I missed WDP functionality, and this is how all started. I think we still miss some of the ecosystem that was created around BMS during the years, but the gap is being closed steadily. If this app helps in that effort, or if it is just useful for someone, I am glad.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, raus said:

Version 1.2.1 is out!!

It fixes (I hope) the issue reported when loading some missions, and polishes functionality of the coordination card. Full changelog available via the in-app update dialog.

@Kariyann71 the issue you reported should be fixed now, please feel free to check and report if you still experience any weird behavior 🙂

@Shrike88 of course. I missed WDP functionality, and this is how all started. I think we still miss some of the ecosystem that was created around BMS during the years, but the gap is being closed steadily. If this app helps in that effort, or if it is just useful for someone, I am glad.

Yes, it seems to be better now.

I'll try other missions this weekend to confirm this.