New Symbology question

chase

I've noticed since the latest Beta, that now the Super Carrier has new HUD Symbology, resulting with a Square over top the carrier. This is great for finding the fleet, however, I could not figure out how to turn it off for my approach to land. If someone knows how to turn this off once in the pattern, it would be helpful. 

Thanks, 

Dave. 

Could this be a waypoint set on top of the carrier? If you spawn into a clean mission with only a supercarrier placed and no waypoints, do you still have the square?

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

It was probably an erroneous radar target or designation.  I've seen it before, both on the carrier itself and on aircraft on the carrier.  No idea how or why it happens, but it's a bug, not intended new symbology.  Try hitting undesignate and if that doesn't work, try hitting reset on the radar DDI and if that doesn't work, turn off the radar.

7 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

probably an erroneous radar target or designation.

That may of been the issue, cause tonight there was no box. But your thought sounds likely. if or when i run across this again I'll save a SS. Thanks.

Dave.