HMC Keyboard Command

padge

well said!😍

Windows 10 (64 bits)

Intel® Corei7-3770 CPU@ 3.40GHz 3.40GHZ

32,0 Go Canal-Double DDR3

Moniteur Philips 24 pouces (1920x1080@60Hz)

Moniteur Philips 19b (1280x1024)

2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (NVIDIA)

1024 MoATI AMD Radeon HD 5450 (ASUStek Computer Inc)

Track IR 5, Saitek Rudder Pedals Pro, Hotas Warthog

8 hours ago, padge said:

no you misunderstand the question i want to assign to a toggle switch but cant find the key command in controls.

This has been requested several times, in several threads - but has so far been unacknowledged / added.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I follow the "help yourself" principle and created bindings myself by adding some lines to "default.lua". I have one binding for use with a 2-position on/off switch, and 2 bindings for separate ON and OFF pushbuttons. I can post if someone wants to edit the lua file.

It was not possible to create a command that toggles between ON and OFF with a single pushbutton.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

On 2/7/2021 at 11:51 AM, LeCuvier said:

I follow the "help yourself" principle and created bindings myself by adding some lines to "default.lua". I have one binding for use with a 2-position on/off switch, and 2 bindings for separate ON and OFF pushbuttons. I can post if someone wants to edit the lua file.

It was not possible to create a command that toggles between ON and OFF with a single pushbutton.

yes please could you pot for a 3 position switch

For the complete 3-position switch you need to add these 2 lines of code:

{down = 3001, up = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 75, value_down = 1.0,    value_up = 0.0, name = _('HMCS Power 2-Pos ON/OFF'), category = _('HMCS Power')},
{down = 3001, up = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 75, value_down = -1.0,    value_up = 0.0, name = _('HMCS Power 2-Pos BAT/OFF'), category = _('HMCS Power')},

For a 2-position ON/OFF switch you need only the first of the 2 lines.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

i think in this case a common response is "correct as is". IRL a pilot would more likely declutter the HMD instead of turning in on and off while jinking. just my 2 cents or whatever the current exchange rate is in all the various currencies. 😉

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

On 2/12/2021 at 4:32 AM, silverdevil said:

i think in this case a common response is "correct as is". IRL a pilot would more likely declutter the HMD instead of turning in on and off while jinking. just my 2 cents or whatever the current exchange rate is in all the various currencies. 😉

Selecting a different profile for sure - that that takes just as long (or longer) than DMSLL to disable it.....  The OP wants the toggle switch to be bind"able" and @LeCuviersquared him/her away.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria