after the last patch one of my Moose Spawned Ships stopped moving

Lineaxe

Ok , I , once again , am stumped, after the last patch my Moose Spawned Carrier has stopped moving along it's waypoints. Just Stopped. Always worked perfectly for 10 months of playing the mission.  I looked in the  dcs.log using glogg. No errors found regarding my code. Well, I never had  changed it ,so what is going on? Is the latest Moose not working with the latest dcs release? I also wonder about the Carrier sea depth and distance between ships that would cause it to Stop.  And well, the code had never changed from when I was flying with it last week to now.   I mean , I don't even have a clue where I would go to try to fix this one.    I do have Blue Team Carriers Moving through mission editor waypoints, and I do have Spawned Tanks, Destroyers and so on that are moving. Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by Lineaxe

• Lineaxe changed the title to after the last patch one of my Moose Spawned Ships stopped moving

This appears to be a new bug in the laest DCS build, most of my ships work ok but the new Handy wind spawns and also does not move correctly

I to have been using moose to do this for years without any problems

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

I don't know what it is, I had a report of patrolroute() and I couldnt reproduce. So dont assume anything is in a break-fix cycle. And fwiw, no insult, but this isnt a report that helps, more detail might

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Ok, I will fill in where I can.  The Carrier is on RED TEAM (enemy) &  Moose Spawned.  I follow the same code technique I used to move the Spawned Tanks & other Ships around. The code had originally come from the mission examples, however, the code is slightly different in that it selects a random starting Carrier template (with it's Waypoints pre-assigned through mission editor). This is way I did it with the tanks & other ships. All working, except the Carrier won't move now.  The mission I fly is  called CHOP-U with a couple of different variants (night ,daytime, no TANK control, Hard level Only). Seems that some don't like to run them tanks around 🙂 . Anyhow, as mentioned , the carrier was moving along for quite some time. Let's see, I can't send tracks because of the lua created code creates numbers that can't be used in troubleshooting I have been told. I ran glogg on the dcs.log file and found no errors relating to my code. I can send a Tacview file of the mission. That's about all I know about giving any feedback, Pikey ! What other information on this situation would you guys like me to provide?

on another note:

Oh, I had noticed something about the Carrier while it was moving about. And that was-- while I was watching a mission in Tacview, It showed the Template carriers that were not being used (spawned into I guess you could say) were moving about. And they moved right through the land masses as well.  You couldn't see them at all while playing the game. So ,Tacview is keeping track of those unused Templates ,somehow.  Heh, well I have really got try to figure that one out. Also, I am trying to remove the Carrier, which I had destroyed (got a message popup). Trying to remove it from a location on the map so that a 2nd Instance of it can traverse to it's last destination waypoint , which in a lot of cases is the same location.  I have set up an event handler, when triggered , it runs a couple of lines of code which tells the Carrier Object to Destroy itself. Now, that doesn't seem to get it off of the map. So, there are a couple of Carriers at that location, a dead one and then the new one sent to replace it.

** Oh , and I got some of the Spawned Blue team tanks stuck inside of walls somehows? Now , I keep on telling them not to do that by spawning them All a fair bit away from any buildings !!! Yet they somehow manage to get get stuck . Heheheh....

Edited by Lineaxe

• 1 month later...