[SOLVED] Mk20 dispersion footprint isn’t centered on CCIP cross

jwbflyer

The bomblet footprint of Mk20 rockeye is centered (left/right) but not fore/aft. Footprint seems to always be short with the edge of the bomblet footprint almost touching the target (short side).

I will add a track file tomorrow.

...Mk82 is on the money

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vakarian said:

Just to make sure, you are testing with 0 wind?

IDK, but every drop is the same and consistent. Seems like it is calibrated to drop short, but bordering the CCIP cross center. Making you have to aim long the amount of distance equal to the radius of total bomblet footprint. I’ve added a drawing. Will try to add track file today

9BEC9715-DD33-4856-920B-F5F35D857CF8.jpeg

Ok. It could be bugged and it wouldn't surprise me at the slightest. I just asked if you are testing without wind as the bomblets are affected by it so that could mess with your testing. If you can reproduce it with 0 wind, post a track file and hopefully it will be reported in the next couple of months given how RB are keen on showing up on the forums after the update.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to Mk20 dispersion footprint isn’t centered on CCIP cross

TRK file req. alot of it comes down to external factors as well as your entry speed and altitude on release. NOTE: the MK20 CBU in PRI fuse mode will open and release the bomblets at 1500FT ASL while the OP fuze will open up at 1500FT AGL. Take into account your altitude and your TGT atltitude and set your PUC up accordingly. Also note that at higher airspeeds, alot more drag can be induced on the bomb affecting accuracy which is important if youre bombing from a higher altitude. Usually for CBU drops using CIP you would want to ideally be in the realm of 5000- 8000FT AGL in the initial roll in with your TAS at around 400.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• AlphaJuliet changed the title to [SOLVED] Mk20 dispersion footprint isn’t centered on CCIP cross