Apache AH Mark 1 variant please

Jockcop

The British Apache was based on the D model, Changes from the AH-64D include Rolls-Royce Turbomeca RTM322 engines, a new electronic defensive aids suite and a folding blade mechanism allowing the British version to operate from ships. 

The mark 1 is being replace din service by the AH64E so it might have the data available, it had more powerful engines than the US D model had at the time and was better able to cope with the hot and high conditions of Afghanistan. The ability to work on ships could bring some variety to missions and the defensive suite  would bring more of a fighting chance in the high threat environment that is DCS. 

Really hope this is being considered. 

Modules- F15, F18, Spitfire, Mirage F1, Persian Gulf, Normandy 2.0, Syria, WW2 assets.

"Try to have the same number of landings as you have takeoffs"

Main hurdle is the EW/DAS stuff, it's a pain in the backside for aircraft that were retired a decade this year ago IIRC.

As for the high-threat environment, I'm not really seeing it; so far we don't have a single air defence system newer than the 90s, and only 1 newer that's WIP.

The different engines and folding rotor would be cool though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

14 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

Main hurdle is the EW/DAS stuff, it's a pain in the backside for aircraft that were retired a decade this year ago IIRC.

As for the high-threat environment, I'm not really seeing it; so far we don't have a single air defence system newer than the 90s, and only 1 newer that's WIP.

The different engines and folding rotor would be cool though. 

Definitely. Its one of those things where id be happy if ED did something that's an approximation but i know they are committed to as cose to realisim as possible. As you say, the new engines and folding blades shouldn't be a problem. 

Modules- F15, F18, Spitfire, Mirage F1, Persian Gulf, Normandy 2.0, Syria, WW2 assets.

"Try to have the same number of landings as you have takeoffs"

The HIDAS system is still in use on many current UK platforms so no chance any useful data will be available. It'd be nice to have the RTM322 motors as for hot and high ops it gives much greater flexibility in loadouts. It'd be nice to have the option for RCEFS and IAFS for some extended loiter time.

• 4 weeks later...