[FIXED] Cannot hold TPOD Video Zoom In/Out to continuously zoom in/out

Tuuvas

It's really nice having a dedicated TPOD Video Zoom In/Out binding available, but currently it is difficult to use for large changes in zoom.  Holding TPOD Video Zoom In/Out only activates the zoom change once, requiring the user to repeatedly press in order to continue zooming in or out.  A workaround to this is to simply bind the OSB button for the same zoom function and holding the binding works like I would expect - holding the button continuously zooms in/out while it is being pressed

• Like 1

Sometimes it works as intended that you press button and it zooms through the range as long you hold it down, and sometimes it becomes require to keep pressing to get it anywhere.

Have not binded any keys or axis to it, as if it requires hand operation then so be it. But can't say it is not tempting to go to the keyboard scripts and activate that function as it doesn't work properly.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

We attempted to have the TPOD zoom specific keys zoom in when held but it was very touchy and did not respond well therefore was left as incremental. As mentioned above, there is not actual TPOD zoom fiunction on the HOTAS and IRL is done through the right MPCD. I too bound the corresponding OSBs to that function......till I get me some cougar MFDs

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [INVESTIGATING] Cannot hold TPOD Video Zoom In/Out to continuously zoom in/out
  • 2 months later...

Could have thought of that simple solution :-)

I actually edited the default.lua in the keyboard and/or joystick directory from these:

{down = iCommandPlane_AAP_SteerSw_Up,    name = _('TPOD Video Zoom In'),        category = _('Keyboard Macros')},
    {down = iCommandPlane_AAP_SteerSw_Down,    name = _('TPOD Video Zoom Out'),    category = _('Keyboard Macros')},

to these entries accordingly:

{pressed = iCommandPlane_AAP_SteerSw_Up,    name = _('TPOD Video Zoom In'),        category = _('Keyboard Macros')},
    {pressed = iCommandPlane_AAP_SteerSw_Down,    name = _('TPOD Video Zoom Out'),    category = _('Keyboard Macros')},

And, as always.....backup files BEFORE opening/editing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • AlphaJuliet changed the title to [FIXED] Cannot hold TPOD Video Zoom In/Out to continuously zoom in/out