[AS INTENDED] Bad LOD light transition

razo+r

Check with latest OB patch to confirm you are still having issues. As well post screen shot of your graphics setting for me to compare with please.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [INVESTIGATING] Bad LOD light transition

As stated by newy this is as intended and lighting logic will only change with future updates. Marking AS INTENDED and moving to RESOLVED.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [AS INTENDED] Bad LOD light transition

1) can you show me that post? Or do you refer to newys post in my linked thread that has nothing to do with this issue here? 

2) why dont you, RAZBAM, try to improve it? Other modules show that a nicer transition is possible. 

3) if you dont want to improve it for whatever reason, then look at it as a bug since these glowing orbs are not present in real life without being in fog or similar. 

Edited by razo+r

On 2/7/2021 at 1:42 AM, RAZBAM_ELMO said:

As stated by newy this is as intended and lighting logic will only change with future updates. Marking AS INTENDED and moving to RESOLVED.

This cannot possibly be intented, as the lights are a problem of RAZBAM, and not ED.

Please report this and move this thread to the proper location again.

I did some testing, and ONLY the Harrier has this issue. Screen_210208_173157.png

I tested the Hornet, Viper, F5, A-10C II and Viggen. Only the Harrier has the issue, and it gets progressively worse as you zoom out. To other aircraft you basically look like Santa Claus.

It's a minor issue all in all, but an issue either way. No idea whether this is an ED-specific issue or an RB-issue.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Well it's blatantly obvious. If every single aircraft has the same issue, yes, then it's the ED issue and it affects every aircraft out there.

However, if any issue is related to a couple of aircrafts or less, you can't say it's ED issue and ignore the problem. There is no way that sounds logical at all and is really insulting everyone who tries to raise any issue

On 2/7/2021 at 1:42 AM, RAZBAM_ELMO said:

@RAZBAM_ELMO Any explanation at all why you marked it as resolved? Because this here is simply not the case for this issue here. You probably got confused by the different issue in the linked thread.

It's not a crucial issue, but you shouldn't make it a habit to mark bugs as resolved, especially when it's more than apparent that it's not an ED issue...

Yeah, I think it is related to a mis-scaled light map on the other LODs leading to this bad transition.

Should be a very easy fix for RAZBAM (If my assumption is correct that RAZBAM doesn't share their property with ED)

@RAZBAM_ELMO I sent you a clear description over PM, I hope that was enough for you to understand what this is about and can now be properly reported and fixed.

Edited by razo+r

On 2/11/2021 at 4:29 PM, razo+r said:

@RAZBAM_ELMO Any explanation at all why you marked it as resolved? Because this here is simply not the case for this issue here. You probably got confused by the different issue in the linked thread.

It's not a crucial issue, but you shouldn't make it a habit to mark bugs as resolved, especially when it's more than apparent that it's not an ED issue...

Not marked RESOLVED, marked AS INTENDED as in its being worked on bit by bit and the new lighting is worked on so its not a final iteration as much as it is being developed.

11 minutes ago, RAZBAM_ELMO said:

Not marked RESOLVED, marked AS INTENDED as in its being worked on bit by bit and the new lighting is worked on so its not a final iteration as much as it is being developed.

I ment moved to resolved, my bad.

Anyway

It still does NOT have anything to do with lighting. It is plain simply a mis-scaled texture.

If you look closely, you see that the brightness is absolutely the same in both pics.

The problem still lies on the mis-scaled texture plane that is part of the model of LOD1 and onwards...

3 hours ago, razo+r said:

I ment moved to resolved, my bad.

Anyway

It still does NOT have anything to do with lighting. It is plain simply a mis-scaled texture.

If you look closely, you see that the brightness is absolutely the same in both pics.

The problem still lies on the mis-scaled texture plane that is part of the model of LOD1 and onwards...

Again the new lighting is a WIP and subject to change in the future.

2 hours ago, razo+r said:

Again, it's not about the lighting, it's about an element of the 3D model.

Is the model also WIP?

PM me