1987 Nordkapp

Lace

14 hours ago, Myrsnipe said:

Tried Mission 9 this week. All wingmen were bingo at target but delivered payload before they splashed. The two flankers coming over the mountains had not even reached the shores by the time I was on final to land at homebase, they would have made a great surprise if it could be timed better

They were intended more as a distraction than a threat.  After the attack it is unlikely the player would have enough fuel to engage the Flankers WVR.  It was meant as a test of decision making, assessing fuel, and not getting dragged away from home.  If you tried to chase them you'd end up with a long cold walk back.

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

14 hours ago, Gianky said:

Hey Lace,

these missions sound interesting, is there any place where you have all the missions packed together? Or do I have to canvas the thread and download them one by one?

They are available in the 'User Files' section, but only as individual files.  I haven't tried writing them as a campaign yet.

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Lace

I played all the missions and I thought I'd post some feedback:

I really liked the ambience - it does feel like being in the Nordics in the middle of winter!

there is a RNoAF skin (nato 50 year anniversary) available - maybe that could be use for immersion (better than flying with USAF markings 😉 )

in most missions Kobuleti doesn't have any stock of the flavour of AIM-9 selected for loadout. So to avoid taking off empty either you have to change the missile type of add store to Kobuleti.

I would say that triggers and mission objectives could be improved. In many missions (3-6 iirc) the objectives don't make sense (as in what you need to do for the mission to be successful), and there are no triggers to let the player know if it's time to RTB when the objectives have been reached. 

Liked the surprises in some of the missions.

If the triggers/objectives can be fixed this could easily become a nice campaign.

Thanks for sharing the missions!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I'm planning a full rewrite of these once the Kola map is released - happy to post up here again if there is any interest?

• Like 2

On 1/13/2024 at 10:46 PM, Lace said:

I'm planning a full rewrite of these once the Kola map is released - happy to post up here again if there is any interest?

Definitely interested in this!

Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | Gigabyte X570-Aorus Ultra | Gigabyte GeForce 4090 | Samsung C34F791 | Varjo Aero | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | too many flight controllers...