AdA Mod V2 : new Mirage 2000 model.

Hi guys :)

miragecx0.jpg

The 3D models of the Mirage 2000C and -5F (single seat version) are now finished. There is still some work to do on the textures, but most of the modelling work is now done. :D

About the animations, you will be glad to know that we spent a -lot- of time trying to find some ways to do everything we wanted to do and that we managed to introduce a couple of nice, brand new features into Lockon, that bring some more "life" and visual realism into the simulation :

- the head of the pilot is animated when pulling Gs or rolling the plane. Like in real life, he tries to "counter" the acceleration.

- there are now different after burner cones depending of the darkness : one for the day (orange one), one during the nigt (loooong white and light purple one), just like in real life.

- an animated condensation cone, vortices, vapor over the extrados and the small fixed surface over the air intakes have been created : pull Gs and watch the effect !

- a great deal of time was spent animating and modeling the slat (a M2000 does not have flaps, the standard lockon model is not right about that)

- new navigation lights, formation lights (green / yellow stripes) strobes have been introduced

- all the additional air intakes are correctly animated

- the engine exhaust is fully animated : all the "petals" are moving parts.

- a couple of other features have been added, but we wanted to keep some other surprises for the updates to come :D

And to illustrate all this : a short high quality, high definition video made by MajorBug (~90Mo), available here :

Just seat back and enjoy :D

Cheers :)

Hub.

Edited by HubMan
  • Like 5

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

now this is a top (top top top top top ..... !) mod guys. absolutely stunning work.

• Like 1

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

Downloading ... :thumbup:

EDIT: For a moment I thought I was downloading the model... got so excited :D

Haaaa :) I'm sorry :) We still need some work on the textures before releasing the models :)

The good news is that we have also a two seater strike variant Mirage 2000D which 3D is 95% completed (but that needs some work on the skins as well :) )

Hub.

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Haaaa :) I'm sorry :) We still need some work on the textures before releasing the models :)

The good news is that we have also a two seater strike variant Mirage 2000D which 3D is 95% completed (but that needs some work on the skins as well :) )

Hub.

No problem mate :D

No longer active in DCS...