Campaign Difficulty setting.

Talvid

I have purchased the F18 Aggressors campaign as well as the Serpents Head 2.  I noticed that they have multiple difficulty options, like Easy Medium and Hard which I think only determines the skill of the AI, and for Serpents Head 2 there is an easy A2A refueling version of the campaign.  I'm throwing this out because I would like to see an ultra-difficult option for campaigns like Raven One, where I won't even see my blip or other friendlies on the F10 map.  Nor even any F2 outside views.  I'd like to play through campaigns with the same settings they have on the DDCS server, which is maximum fog of war type settings, and disabled F2 aircraft view.  Will ED consider adding a file to the campaigns downloads which has these ultra-difficult settings? (as user editable files are out of the question because they would render their campaign products vulnerable to intellectual theft)

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

I have purchased the F18 Aggressors campaign as well as the Serpents Head 2.  I noticed that they have multiple difficulty options, like Easy Medium and Hard which I think only determines the skill of the AI, and for Serpents Head 2 there is an easy A2A refueling version of the campaign.  I'm throwing this out because I would like to see an ultra-difficult option for campaigns like Raven One, where I won't even see my blip or other friendlies on the F10 map.  Nor even any F2 outside views.  I'd like to play through campaigns with the same settings they have on the DDCS server, which is maximum fog of war type settings, and disabled F2 aircraft view.  Will ED consider adding a file to the campaigns downloads which has these ultra-difficult settings? (as user editable files are out of the question because they would render their campaign products vulnerable to intellectual theft)
Ask the authors, in the respective subforums. They have control. They're not ED made.
Good idea though. Got them both, but haven't tried'em yet.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

On 1/31/2021 at 12:49 PM, Dragon1-1 said:

You can do it already, by yourself. These things can be forced off in your options menu. 

are you saying there's an options menu (where in the campaign section or settings?) that makes the mission criteria appear, since the purchased campaign files always have the logic and triggers etc. hidden?

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

2 hours ago, Thalvid said:

are you saying there's an options menu (where in the campaign section or settings?) that makes the mission criteria appear, since the purchased campaign files always have the logic and triggers etc. hidden?

You can hide/unhide everything (air/ground units, trigger zones, static object, ships) in the mission editor.

Normally, this is something a (good) mission creator would do, in order to have the player only see what he/she realistically should see.

Not sure what you mean by purchased files having "logic" hidden

Anyways, trust me you don't want to force on seeing all trigger zones and units somewhere in the options menu. Most extended missions have tons of them, so you wouldn't know where to look..

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

F10 map icons and such can be hidden, for friendlies, enemies, your own AC and so on. I'm not taking about mission logic (that would be gamey and kind of useless unless you're a beta tester), but about enemy aircraft and such. Those are "difficulty options" for that aspect of the sim, and are not in the editor, but in the main options menu.