Map Expansion news?

Coyote_One

Have we gotten any comms about the Syria expansion lately?

Back in November ED made the post about it but its been fairly quiet since then. Unless I missed a note somewhere. Are they pressing for the same release as the new engine with weather or somewhere in Q2-3?

This is by far the absolute best map DCS has to offer, and I appreciate Ugra's fine tooth comb in their work to release and expand it. I cant wait for all the new bases for combat server flexibility!

DCS 2021-01-04 09-50-02.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wags said last year (via his interview) that most of the focus is on updating the southern portion of Turkey, so I imagine there is a lot of work to cover. 

I personally hope it will be ready for the Q1 DCS 2.7 update, but this is a lot to ask for I guess. 

T= 35:55

Edited by Gierasimov
  • Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

This got me wondering.....what is beyond the edge?

So I filled up with gas and followed the coast all the way to Libya.  Its fairly well done and the map "ends" just north of Bardiyah, Libya.  I was able to land and take off on the terrain there too..

This grab is looking south along the Libyan coast , that small inlet translates well to google earth map as being a decent representation of the Bardiyah coastline area.

Bardiyah-Libya.png

• Like 1