MOD BEST RAIN COCKPIT UPDATE 2.7 VERSION VR OR MONITOR

I present a mod to improve the rain inside the cockpit, surely I will be able to improve it, as a clarification there are 2 files requesting the VR or Monitor system, since both (I do not know if it is a problem or if it really works like that) renders differently . In VR the dynamic drops are not present hopefully ED take note and improve this problem. Don't get me to manage to make it look its best. I upload videos without / with the mod in VR and without / with the mod in Monitor.

UPDATE 2.7

All Aircraft
Pass the IC Check 
INSTALL: Extract to main DCS install path. JSGME or OvGME or other Mod Managers recommended. 

Who wants to collaborate with a coin is always welcome in the description of the videos are the data.

DEFAULT VAINILLA

MOD BEST RAIN COCKPIT VR  UPDATE 2.7

DEFAULT VAINILLA RAIN MONITOR

MOD BEST RAIN COCKPIT MONITOR UPDATE 2.7

With 2.7  have partially lost, for Monitor, part of the best rain effect, (I hope ED solves bad blur effect of the raindrops), the effect of accumulation of raindrops still follows, better than the default rain. In VR the effect continues better as the previous version.

MOD 0.1 BEST VR RAIN COCKPIT UPDATE 2.7

https://drive.google.com/file/d/139fOqZjt9Spl8gNEbtDsn2yrRZEW0Qh_/view?usp=sharing

MOD 0.1 BEST MONITOR RAIN COCKPIT UPDATE 2.7

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GpqWgPjMLTibDhc-oJDmlh0tiOxvLIO5/view?usp=sharing

Edited by pastranario3
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6

Thank you for your work!

Keep up.

Best regards,

F.

Portugal

Col. Bruno "Fonzie" F. (on DCS)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"About carrier ops: The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.5ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO x56 | SSD´s | Valve Index.

Would be more realistic with more dynamic/moving rainflows on the canopy but those static raindrops are also nice !
Anyway, good job ! 👍

This is one of the best with rainflows on windshield (coz of the nightlights) ▼

Edited by NRG-Vampire
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The rain and drops look amazing, but without moving droplets when the airplane is moving feels wrong and kills it for me 😞

if you can make them flow back as per ed default then were on to one hell of an improvement!

• Like 1

Looks really good, thankyou!

10900K O/C 5.2GHz | Maximus Hero XII | EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Reverb G2

I'll definitely give this a try in VR, although it seems like you improved just the static rain drops and not the dynamic rain drops. Thank you for this mod. I've been crying about this issue in VR for almost 3 years.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz h100i |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 2080ti FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G2 | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

hace 1 hora, pimp dijo:

Definitivamente probaré esto en realidad virtual, aunque parece que solo mejoró las gotas de lluvia estáticas y no las gotas de lluvia dinámicas. Gracias por este mod. He estado llorando por este problema en la realidad virtual durante casi 3 años.

The dynamic drop does not work in VR, hopefully ED understands that correctly presented rain generates a lot of immersion.

• Like 1
On 1/31/2021 at 7:26 PM, pastranario3 said:

The dynamic drop does not work in VR, hopefully ED understands that correctly presented rain generates a lot of immersion.

Do you know which functions/values control the dynamic droplets in these 2 files?

Edited by pimp

i9 9900k @5.1GHz h100i |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 2080ti FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G2 | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Thanks! Never really noticed the issue in VR, but now that you brought it to my attention, DL'd and installed!

See, decide, attack, reverse -- Colonel Erich "Bubi" Hartmann

MSI Trident X 10th with 10700F, 2070 Super Ventus, 32 Gb DDR4 RAM, NVMe SSD for OS, 1 TB 870 Evo SSD for DCS, Quest 2

17 hours ago, Valium said:

If I don't use VR just headtracker (e.g. DelanClip), which one should I download?

The one for "monitor"

10900K O/C 5.2GHz | Maximus Hero XII | EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Reverb G2

• 2 months later...

With 2.7, the rain effect is better ‎depicted ‎than before, but still, I find the chubby drops (mostly the ones falling in the sides and over of the cockpits) not very realistic. If only we could have the size of those drops, smaller, could be enough to make it great.  @pastranario3  please, take a look.  Thanks!

MSI Trident X Plus 9SF-488EU Intel Core i9-9900K/64GB/2x2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD+1x2TB SSD/RTX 2080Ti/Samsung C49RG90 120hz/HP Reverb/

• pastranario3 changed the title to MOD BEST RAIN COCKPIT UPDATE 2.7 VERSION VR OR MONITOR