[REPORTED] VSTOL HUD Incorrectly Caged

lukeXIII

In the VSTOL HUD mode, the velocity vector which is usually caged vertically is replaced with the Vertical Flight Path Symbol which should be caged laterally. Currently there is no difference between the NAV and VSTOL modes. Attached image shows how it currently behaves vs how it should behave.

vstol_hud2.png

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [INVESTIGATING] VSTOL HUD Incorrectly Caged

A1-AV8B-NFM-000

23.16 Navigation Master Mode -> 23.16.10 Velocity Vector

"In the NAV master mode, the velocity vector is always caged to the vertical center line of the HUD."

23.17 VSTOL Master Mode -> 23.17.6 Vertical Flight Path Symbol

"The vertical flight path symbol is caged laterally..."

HUD_VSTOL_2.png

• Like 1

As the FP is caged to witch hat in NAV mode, and the FP Ghost shows the true horizontal path, then how does that ghost be shown in VTOL mode that has FP caged laterally....

Like doesn't it then move perfectly in the horizon line from the FP position?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

The ghost velocity vector does not appear in the VSTOL mode. If the vertical flight path marker, velocity vector and ghost velocity vector could all be displayed at once they would all appear on the same plane; for example in the image above they would all appear on the -6 degree plane. The vertical flight path marker has an exception below 60 knots however where it will show the decent rate instead of dive angle.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lukeXIII said:

The ghost velocity vector does not appear in the VSTOL mode.

Wasn't it possible to select was the climb ladder caged or uncaged in the Harrier, same way as in Hornet?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

8 hours ago, Fri13 said:

Wasn't it possible to select was the climb ladder caged or uncaged in the Harrier, same way as in Hornet?

No it is not.

Lukes statement is correct and is how we were told by the SME. Does that answer everything for you? Not everything that is stated in the manual is correct with whats on the actual jet.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• 2 months later...
  • AlphaJuliet changed the title to [REPORTED] VSTOL HUD Incorrectly Caged
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...