A few questions :)

34 minutes ago, Bravelink03 said:

Eh, I don't think so. Though that goes into spoiler territories and I don't want to spoil the story for you

12 minutes ago, FrankMT said:

Thanks for playing and watching the VNs! Who said those to be the only possibilties? 

Just now, JG54_NF2 said:

No Spoiler 😉😆🤣

lmao

Well maybe you guys could make it player's choice stuff in the sequels' VN stuff like in Wing Commander 3?

7 hours ago, cm2 said:

lmao

Well maybe you guys could make it player's choice stuff in the sequels' VN stuff like in Wing Commander 3?

We will take that suggestion seriously if we have that option in the future lol

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, FrankMT said:

We will take that suggestion seriously if we have that option in the future lol

lol Well the VN stuff is not in the game anyway so maybe for the sequel, the VN could be html files with the possibility of players clicking and choosing some choices/dialogues that can alter the story in a limited way? anyway just my 2 cents.

Edited by cm2

12 minutes ago, cm2 said:

lol Well the VN stuff is not in the game anyway so maybe for the sequel, the VN could be html files with the possibility of players clicking and choosing some choices/dialogues that can alter the story in a limited way? anyway just my 2 cents.

Good idea

• Thanks 1

Im through the campain now.

All the time had the feeling, that the plane felt at times sluggish, as if it was tweaked. Also often buttons were disabled.

Not the style of campaign I like. Thats what I wanted to find out in the first place.

Edited by Wali763

49 minutes ago, Wali763 said:

All the time had the feeling, that the plane felt at times sluggish, as if it was tweaked. Also often buttons were disabled.

Not the style of campaign I like. Thats what I wanted to find out in the first place.

The buttons are disabled at mission start before you get the control of the plane. After that everything is up to you. I don't find anything strange in the flight behavior.

7 hours ago, Wali763 said:

We counld't change anything related to the plane or buttons. If that were the case, it has to tweaks on the F/A-18C by ED. 

Sorry to hear that, can you share a few thoughts on what you didn't like, so we can maybe improve upon in the future, please?

37 minutes ago, cm2 said:

So what's the ETA on the sequel?  Will it be playable on Win 7? or Win 10 only.

No ETA, system requirements depend on DCS's compatibility. 

On 2/3/2021 at 9:38 AM, FrankMT said:

No ETA, system requirements depend on DCS's compatibility. 

So, no rough estimation at all on the sequel? like in 1-2 year/s time? Will Kobayashi-San Compose the sequel's BGM track too?

3 hours ago, cm2 said:

So, no rough estimation at all on the sequel? like in 1-2 year/s time? Will Kobayashi-San Compose the sequel's BGM track too?

I'm sure it won't be as long as 1-2 years haha. The latter has yet to be decided, but we'd love to have him onboard again, of course. 

On 1/31/2021 at 3:24 AM, FrankMT said:

3. Labels is the ONLY "game options" we left for the players to choose, if a mission ever feels too hard or impossible, you can turn it on and it should be much easier. However, the missions are designed with "label-free" in mind, you won't be facing any circumstances that you must use label to complete.

I tried LSHIFT+F2 but it did not work. Is that the correct keyset or do I actually have to edit the mission to enable the option ?

Thanks

8 hours ago, BrzI said:

I tried LSHIFT+F2 but it did not work. Is that the correct keyset or do I actually have to edit the mission to enable the option ?

Thanks

LShift+F10 that is. You can also swtich it off in game setting in main menu.

ED mentioned they will no longer be supporting Win 7 after DCS 2.7 which will likely release before the next RS campaign.

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

10小时前,BrzI说:

Thanks

Different tags have different hotkeys. It is recommended to try: Lshift + F2 / F6 / F10 (If your hotkey is not modified, default is), which will separate the tags that can open or close aircraft, missiles and ground targets.

Of course, you need to enable these settings in the game's own settings first.

7分钟前,MARLAN_说:

ED mentioned they will no longer be supporting Win 7 after DCS 2.7 which will likely release before the next RS campaign.

I'm looking forward to the new weather system.  can not wait.🤣

I am new to the Hornet and have been trying to learn it, and am now about to embark on this campaign as my first and really looking forward to it. As I get to each mission I will be referencing manual for weapon refreshment for that mission.

At some point you may want to update your page references for the manual in the briefing. Obviously they can change as the manual gets updates.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

2 hours ago, dburne said:

I am new to the Hornet and have been trying to learn it, and am now about to embark on this campaign as my first and really looking forward to it. As I get to each mission I will be referencing manual for weapon refreshment for that mission.

At some point you may want to update your page references for the manual in the briefing. Obviously they can change as the manual gets updates.

https://www.rising-squall.com/chuck-s-guide-pages Check out here for more reference on Chuck's Guide!

1 hour ago, FrankMT said:

https://www.rising-squall.com/chuck-s-guide-pages Check out here for more reference on Chuck's Guide!

Will do thanks, was about ready to throw in the towel on trying a campaign as I can not even complete the first mission.

Briefing tells me to designate waypoint three as target, but that destroys Babel tower every time.

Edit: Well Chuck's guide is actually what I am using. Can't get mission one at all.

Don't understand why it tells me to designate waypoint three as a target when that causes Jsows to blow up wrong thing.

Perhaps I am just not ready for any campaign flying...

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

5 hours ago, dburne said:

Will do thanks, was about ready to throw in the towel on trying a campaign as I can not even complete the first mission.

Briefing tells me to designate waypoint three as target, but that destroys Babel tower every time.

Edit: Well Chuck's guide is actually what I am using. Can't get mission one at all.

Don't understand why it tells me to designate waypoint three as a target when that causes Jsows to blow up wrong thing.

Perhaps I am just not ready for any campaign flying...

Blowing up Babel tower is part of the plot 😉 It will all be clear later.

32 minutes ago, Katmandu said:

Blowing up Babel tower is part of the plot 😉 It will all be clear later.

Lol yeah I got that now, someone else mentioned it in another thread.

Man I sweated that one a good part of the day thinking I was not doing it right.

Don B

• 1 month later...

When DCS has a female pilot 3d character model in the future will "Bones" fighter be updated with the said female pilot 3d character model inside? and perhaps with some custom customization too, to make it look like her. It's just too bad currently DCS has no female pilot 3d character model. "Starry" looks good enough with the current DCS male pilot 3d character model though not really anime like, the eyes needed some modification lol

Edited by cm2

2021/4/1 AM7点33分,cm2说:

When DCS has a female pilot 3d character model in the future will "Bones" fighter be updated with the said female pilot 3d character model inside? and perhaps with some custom customization too, to make it look like her. It's just too bad currently DCS has no female pilot 3d character model. "Starry" looks good enough with the current DCS male pilot 3d character model though not really anime like, the eyes needed some modification lol

If ED can be realized 🤣🤣