Ottoman courier bug or issue M2

Eviscerador

Hi BD,

First of all, good job with all your campaigns, loving them to bits.

I'm having some trouble with the second mission on the Ottoman courier campaign for the harrier. I tried it 6 times and all but one had the same problem.

I do everything as fragged. Take off at 4:10, switch to frequencies, enter BT1 under 1000 ft AGL and finish the whole low level stint at W11 where I contact Batumi again, tell them I'm climbing to Angels 15 (which I do) and then push to COM 1 channel 4 which is range frequency. And then nothing happens. I see the two other harriers on the distance and that's all. No more comms, no more indications, I can be there just till my fuel runs out.

Once I got comm chatter between the Nightmares on the range and the JTAC where I'm instructed to wait for 10 mins at the IP. Unfortunately I got that just once in the six times I flew the mission and I have to abort the mission due to RL issues. I suppose that is what should happen, but for some reason I seem to either miss a trigger or something goes wrong.

Any tip which can be? I don't remember doing anything special that single time it worked. I did the same as any other time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 1/30/2021 at 7:16 AM, Eviscerador said:

I do everything as fragged. Take off at 4:10, switch to frequencies, enter BT1 under 1000 ft AGL and finish the whole low level stint at W11 where I contact Batumi again, tell them I'm climbing to Angels 15 (which I do) and then push to COM 1 channel 4 which is range frequency. And then nothing happens. I see the two other harriers on the distance and that's all. No more comms, no more indications, I can be there just till my fuel runs out.

The same happens to me too. I am at a loss as what to do.

OK, I know what is going on. I bet you switched to CH4 by pressing COMM1 knob -> 4 -> ENTER. And this is the only way I didn't program into the mission (forgot about it - will fix it for next update). However, if you just switch channel by turning the knob to CH4 OR if you manually enter the freq, it should work. Sorry about this guys!

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

8 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

OK, I know what is going on. I bet you switched to CH4 by pressing COMM1 knob -> 4 -> ENTER. And this is the only way I didn't program into the mission (forgot about it - will fix it for next update). However, if you just switch channel by turning the knob to CH4 OR if you manually enter the freq, it should work. Sorry about this guys!

Mmm, might be, but I usually change frequencies turning the knob. I press the knob as well, maybe that register as an "enter". I will try it tomorrow and I will come back to you 🙂. Thank you for your reply.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@baltic_dragonI’ve been having the same problem, definitely turning the knob to 4 (I didn’t even know you could push it and select), had it 3 times now, can’t get past that point on mission 2. If it happens again I’ll try and post a track. That being said I’m really enjoying the campaign so far, can’t wait for the next set of missions!

Edited by Shiroka

• 1 year later...

I am having this problem too, on both attempts so far.

Between waypoint 11 and 12 I get instructions to contact range on 133.5. I tune COMM 1 to channel 4 (by tuning knob on UFC), and confirm that is set to 133.5, but never receive any more messages, even passing right over waypoint 12, 13 and 14.

I've also tried setting COMM 2 to the same channel, and also tuning frequency in manual mode, but neither receives any more messages.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Happy to have found this thread as I am having this problem as well.  I fly VR with PointCtrl and turning knobs doesnt work well for me.  I just started the campaign and had this problem with both mission 1 and 2.  How do you program it so presets work as intended?  I check the freqs after hitting Comm 1 > Button 2 > Enter and they pull the correct freqs, but I don't get any audio.  I have confirmed that punching in the freq works, but I would still like to know so I can add it to my bag off tricks as I am comfortable with modifing msns (to include ED ones) when the don't act as planned.  

Thanks,

Jameson

Hey, I have no idea with how PointCtrl works, so there is not much I can do to help here. I know I have to revisit the missions and fix some things, but I am currently stretched super thin and hope to have some more bandwidth once the Strike Eagle is out..

• 8 months later...

Hello, campaign looks great thanks. I’m having an issue with 2 not commencing his run, he just stays in formation with me. 
I’ve made the first pass in the T55 dropping two bombs with no issues, then when Nightmare22 is cleared in he says he’s commencing his run but never actually does. Can’t continue the mission until he does.

Any ideas?

cheers

9 hours ago, Greacey said:

You were bang on. Running the mission without VA running sorted the issue. weird.

cheers

Thanks for letting me know! Perhaps it would make sense to contact their devs and talk about it, many people are having this issue.