f16 hardly visible floodlighting and hardly visible MFD's

DoctorVixen

Hi i noticed the floodlighting is pretty much invisible in the f16 if it is daytime (even on a dark day).

I don't have this problem in the jf17, as with most jf17 stuff it just works as expected.

Also when u start early in the morning the mfd's  are not readable, for some reason the brigtness of the mfd is lowered when hopping in a warm plane at dawn.

I always need to fix the brightness.....it makes no sense.

invisibleanduselessfloodlight.trk invisiblemfd.trk

thisisvisiblefloodlight.trk

Edited by DoctorVixen
added files
  • Like 1

• DoctorVixen changed the title to f16 hardly visible floodlighting and hardly visible MFD's

Agreed. I work on Vipers, and it’s not like that IRL. 

Edited by Creature_1stVFW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Florence201 said:

ED have defaulted MFD lighting to low before a certain local time, expecting it to be dark. Same for indexers. 

For me, the indexers are completely off if I start in the dark. 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The MFDs are really hard to read.  I tried the brightness rocker switch but it didn't do anything.  Someone said increase gamma.  I raised my gamma from 1.8 to 1.9 and it helped a little.

HORNET/VIPER/HARRIER/SABRE/FISHBED/FROGFOOT/HOKUM/HIND/JUG/ISHAK

14 hours ago, Cupra said:

It is just ways too small... if you run DCS with a 1:1 pit and have it on the screens.. you are not able to ready anything there clear... if you are a little older it is nearly impossible. You have to zoom in and loose your SA complete...

Do you have a 1:1 F-16 pit?

Yeah. Building on it, 2nd one for now... . And tried to run the MFD on the planned screens and compared to the sim that is not allowed to talk about. The differences are huge.... on one I am able to read it, on others I am not able to read anything. Because witch a discance from 50+cm to a 7+ screen for me (I am not aged 40..) it is nearly not possible to read anything. I see that there are symbols.. but no chance to read any of the numbers.

I really would like to sit once in a life jet with the MFD on and find out if those numbers are really just 1mm big...

Edited by Cupra
  • Like 1

DCS F-16C Blk. 40/42 :helpsmilie:

Candidate - 480th VFS - Cupra | 06