does the FLIR get auto slaved to locked gmt, sea targets?

fitness88

I definitely think that it ought to, but I haven't tested it yet. It definitely worked pre-patch with locked contacts in MAP mode.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

It always has for me since they introduced GMTT and after the latest it worked GREAT in SEA mode and GMT modes. Once I lock up a radar contact and bring up the FLIR it is pointing at it.

There are some bugs about trying to re-designate with the FLIR while the radar has a lock in the BUGS section but I haven't tried that particular thing.

I did notice that when I made an FTT (stationary target from EXP map) designation, then sweetened it up with the FLIR and designated, the correct target was designated by the FLIR but the FTT X in the Radar still stayed where it was. I would have thought it would have either MOVED or the radar would drop the lock as the FLIR was now the designating sensor.  Don't know how it is supposed to work...and still experimenting.

On 1/29/2021 at 8:31 AM, Recluse said:

It always has for me since they introduced GMTT and after the latest it worked GREAT in SEA mode and GMT modes. Once I lock up a radar contact and bring up the FLIR it is pointing at it.

There are some bugs about trying to re-designate with the FLIR while the radar has a lock in the BUGS section but I haven't tried that particular thing.

I did notice that when I made an FTT (stationary target from EXP map) designation, then sweetened it up with the FLIR and designated, the correct target was designated by the FLIR but the FTT X in the Radar still stayed where it was. I would have thought it would have either MOVED or the radar would drop the lock as the FLIR was now the designating sensor.  Don't know how it is supposed to work...and still experimenting.

I got it to work but seems a bit buggy.  After locking sea tgt I need to go into FLIR and fine tune lock again but the ship just sails past the lock point?  I can fine tune the lock within sea radar by going to exp2 and moving the x hairs over the ship but it too sails past?

So I have been able to do this:

SEA radar, achieve Radar Track.  Engage with AGM-65F

SEA radar, achieve Radar Track. Engage with AGM-65E. (LTD/R on, Laser code matching of course).

- Success even without having the FLIR page showing.

- The OLD bug (supposedly squashed in this patch of needing to move the TDC OUT of the MAV-E page before it would lock and launch reared its ugly head.) Sometimes the AGM-65E would launch with TDC in MAVE sensor but at a much shorter range than was achievable by moving TDC away.

- I did notice that as the RDR was the Primary sensor, the GIMBAL limits for maintaining the track were smaller than they would be with the FLIR as primary sensor

- I did NOT try to gain a specific POINT TRACK with FLIR and make it the Primary Sensor, but that seems to be a more realistic, if more complex switchology solution.

P.S.  fitness88 I remember you from the old SIMHQ Janes F/A-18 forums (if you are the same guy)

SEA_Track_AGM65E_PG.trk

Edited by Recluse
Now with TRK file Goodness!

13 hours ago, Recluse said:

So I have been able to do this:

SEA radar, achieve Radar Track.  Engage with AGM-65F

SEA radar, achieve Radar Track. Engage with AGM-65E. (LTD/R on, Laser code matching of course).

- Success even without having the FLIR page showing.

- The OLD bug (supposedly squashed in this patch of needing to move the TDC OUT of the MAV-E page before it would lock and launch reared its ugly head.) Sometimes the AGM-65E would launch with TDC in MAVE sensor but at a much shorter range than was achievable by moving TDC away.

- I did notice that as the RDR was the Primary sensor, the GIMBAL limits for maintaining the track were smaller than they would be with the FLIR as primary sensor

- I did NOT try to gain a specific POINT TRACK with FLIR and make it the Primary Sensor, but that seems to be a more realistic, if more complex switchology solution.

P.S.  fitness88 I remember you from the old SIMHQ Janes F/A-18 forums (if you are the same guy)

SEA_Track_AGM65E_PG.trk 1.83 MB · 1 download

Thanks for the info...I'll run it through and see how it works.

Yes I am the 1...those were the days, how many years back was that...btw you have a good memory!  I think I remember your call sign, were you in Aussie or Kiwi land?

Cheers!

Edited by fitness88